Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

I got my Kickr on Saturday Morning.

Set it up and did my first test ride on it co confirm everything was working.

It felt quite strange, but was wearing flops and shorts.

First Trainerroad session on Sunday morning was the 2*8 min FTP test.

What a machine.  The control is incredible.

I haver been training at two well know studios in the Fourways area for over two and a half years, and realised in one test that the other trainers have nothing on a Kickr.

It too a few months to get the resistance in the correct zone, and if your cadence was a little off you were out of the zone you were training in.

I did my first proper Trainerroad session this morning and really enjoy the control and the motivational comments.

The instruction is to increase cadence for next few minutes, but the power remained constant.

Its a lot of money to spend, but I have spent more over the last two and a half years on indoor training studios than it cost for the Kickr and first year subscription to Trainerroad. 

I assume you on the base phase in trainerroad currently...really great software / app that.

PS their live youtube session and past session are very very informative. Daai kerels ken van watts

Edited by rouxtjie

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the guys using ZWIFT. Do you know if its possible to connect two trainers to one computer and ride at the same time. I cannot find anything like that in the info or the ZWIFT site

This can be done on CVT with the "Real partner" function

Agree, not cheap, but damm well worth it once you got it dailed in and working lekker.

invest in a heart rate strap and the cadence pod, the extra information is great to help you maximise the time on the trainer.

G

I did use my Garmin heart rate strap.

I am fortunate to have a Power2Max power meter, so able to record everything.

Set up Trainerroad to use the Power2Max for power reading and recording, so have the same power reading source as on the road.

Recorded ride as normal on Garmin and uploaded to GC and Strava.

I assume you on the base phase in trainerroad currently...really great software / app that.

PS their live youtube session and past session are very very informative. Daai kerels ken van watts

I am doing the Base 1 Low Volume, as I am still doing my group ride on Saturdays. Will do the TR planned third workout for the week on Sundays.

I am currently going through the TR podcasts, and those guys know their stuff.

If you look carefully, every workout has a TSS & IF listed, and the TSS increases slightly each week.

Not sure any of my other indoor training classes did the same.

TR seems more structured.

This is why I'm enjoying it, their plans got a definite purpose and builds towards it.

got 2 days left of my base build, might just do another 6 weeks after redoing my FTP test.

G

I am doing the Base 1 Low Volume, as I am still doing my group ride on Saturdays. Will do the TR planned third workout for the week on Sundays.
If you look carefully, every workout has a TSS & IF listed, and the TSS increases slightly each week.

totally agree...they really focus on well...being focused. Also as you know the instructor comments really make you concentrate on form and keeps you honest. I really rate trainerroad

To the guys using ZWIFT. Do you know if its possible to connect two trainers to one computer and ride at the same time. I cannot find anything like that in the info or the ZWIFT site

This can be done on CVT with the "Real partner" function

I very much doubt it.  The only way is possibly if you are able to run 2 zwift applications simultaneously but even if you do it this way how will both guys control their cyclist and communicate etc.....

Will zwift work with playstation 4 and or xbox

Not at the moment.  But if they took the time to "port" it then it would be great.  The PS4 would also make for the perfect platform to ride on as the PS4 would easily manager the graphics and you can use the controller to steer and its already got bluetooth.

I see them integrating Pro Cycling Manager the game into bike trainers one day!

Not at the moment.  But if they took the time to "port" it then it would be great.  The PS4 would also make for the perfect platform to ride on as the PS4 would easily manager the graphics and you can use the controller to steer and its already got bluetooth.

I see them integrating Pro Cycling Manager the game into bike trainers one day!

there is the problem, its VERY VERY buggy using bluetooth in beta at the moment. Testing it with every release....problems vary from total system crash to no comms between devices and Zwift link app.

They have still a long way to go wrt ble protocol

Do you maybe know how to get all sessions of an exercise programme that you are busy with, scheduled in the app? It's as if it doesn't know I'm busy with X, so I need to go find the next session by going through the list of programmes.

Probably just user error on my part.

Not a error on your part at the moment.

They're working on a calendar feature where you can enrol in a program and it would then populate a calendar (in the app, it is there already, but lacking most of the required features).

As I asked them, I'd like to say start the following plan on date x, and assign the exercises based on the fact that i want to exercise on days 1,3,4,6 and then have that populate as per when i can exercise, additionally you need to be able to move a planned exercise around and are for one you already did, you might not have been able to do it on sat, but got some time on Sunday... 

and of course you need to be able to export/public your calendar to a ics/google calendar file so that you can subscribe via your phone and other dairy managers.

G

Do you maybe know how to get all sessions of an exercise programme that you are busy with, scheduled in the app? It's as if it doesn't know I'm busy with X, so I need to go find the next session by going through the list of programmes.
Probably just user error on my part.

Not a error on your part at the moment.

They're working on a calendar feature where you can enrol in a program and it would then populate a calendar (in the app, it is there already, but lacking most of the required features).

As I asked them, I'd like to say start the following plan on date x, and assign the exercises based on the fact that i want to exercise on days 1,3,4,6 and then have that populate as per when i can exercise, additionally you need to be able to move a planned exercise around and are for one you already did, you might not have been able to do it on sat, but got some time on Sunday...

and of course you need to be able to export/public your calendar to a ics/google calendar file so that you can subscribe via your phone and other dairy managers.

G

Okay great. I was starting to reconsider my profession.

• 3 months later...

How did you get TrainerRoad to work with Showmax? Do you just load showmax where it says insert video?

As far as I know you can only watch stuff like showmax, Netflix, and other videos when using a desktop/laptop.

You will notice one you in ride mode, have loaded/opened a workout, top centre you will see Vertical or horizontal, clicking on horizontal will drop the TR window to a bar down the bottom of the screen, allowing you to show the ShowMax or other video feed screen above it.

G

• 2 months later...

Just received my new Kickr on Tuesday.  Downloaded the Wahoo apps to my cheapo Android (5.0) phone and they work fine.  Cannot upgrade firmware - it keeps saying "Firmware upgrade failed - try again".  Currently v3.03 - was trying to upgrade to v3.11.

Okay, it must be my $40 smartphone.  Today I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 w/Android 5.1.1.  Download the Wahoo Apps - they "see" the Wahoo Kickr but refuse to connect to it.

Am I the only one with these problems?