Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

My experience with Wahoo...

Bought a second hand Kickr4 which gave some issues. Contacted Wahoo for a repair (I was willing to pay) and was told that it isn't repairable. I pointed out that the Wahoo CEO acknowledged there was a design problem with the K4, and surely it could be repaired given this is an acknowledged design issue. The best Wahoo could do was offer was a trade in for a Core at R12,000 (basically retail price) or a K5 at R17,600 (slight discount), which I declined as given a choice, I'd move back to Tacx (I have a Climb as well which only works with Wahoo products).

I then mentioned to WahooSA that there was a self repair option that Wahoo offered to their US customers and was told this is not available. 

I managed, without Wahoo's help, to find the contents of the repair kit and and got some parts made (except for one part, which I got a substitute for - though the original never needed replacement in my case). Repaired the K4 myself. 

When the belt of my Climb snapped Wahoo replaced the entire unit under warranty - had it been a few months older I'd have an expensive door stopper.

Any semblence of support for Wahoo products out of warranty is, in reality, non-existant. They should clearly disclose that their products are not repairable at point of sale. This is in stark contrast to Tacx - when my previous Tacx trainer had an issue Tacx had replacement parts on hand.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay my Kickr Snap (first generation) hold up quit well and is starting to give me some issues. It seems the blue tooth connection gets loss some where. I have done the spin down on the app and when using it on TrainerRoad it seems to hold power and you can actually feel it dropping the power? Anybody experienced something similar? Next question with what do I replace this "door stop"? I just need service and back up for my hard earn money that I spend.....   

On 10/1/2023 at 8:44 PM, Azi said:

Bought a second hand Kickr4 which gave some issues. Contacted Wahoo for a repair (I was willing to pay) and was told that it isn't repairable. I pointed out that the Wahoo CEO acknowledged there was a design problem with the K4, and surely it could be repaired given this is an acknowledged design issue. The best Wahoo could do was offer was a trade in for a Core at R12,000 (basically retail price) or a K5 at R17,600 (slight discount), which I declined as given a choice, I'd move back to Tacx (I have a Climb as well which only works with Wahoo products).

I then mentioned to WahooSA that there was a self repair option that Wahoo offered to their US customers and was told this is not available. 

I managed, without Wahoo's help, to find the contents of the repair kit and and got some parts made (except for one part, which I got a substitute for - though the original never needed replacement in my case). Repaired the K4 myself. 

When the belt of my Climb snapped Wahoo replaced the entire unit under warranty - had it been a few months older I'd have an expensive door stopper.

Any semblence of support for Wahoo products out of warranty is, in reality, non-existant. They should clearly disclose that their products are not repairable at point of sale. This is in stark contrast to Tacx - when my previous Tacx trainer had an issue Tacx had replacement parts on hand.

For the rest of us Kickr owners, would it be possible to list the parts you collected for the repair and post the list here for future reference?

38 minutes ago, Help.Me. said:

Okay my Kickr Snap (first generation) hold up quit well and is starting to give me some issues. It seems the blue tooth connection gets loss some where. I have done the spin down on the app and when using it on TrainerRoad it seems to hold power and you can actually feel it dropping the power? Anybody experienced something similar? Next question with what do I replace this "door stop"? I just need service and back up for my hard earn money that I spend.....   

Does your Snap not have Ant+ connection - far more reliable than BT - Also make sure nothing else like phones or tablets are connected to BT this also causes connection issues

On 10/1/2023 at 8:44 PM, Azi said:

Anyone considers buying a new KICKR MOVE SMART TRAINER with all the added moving parts. ...it might be a great idea to buy 3 instead... because you never know what parts you will need in a year or two. :ph34r:

Yes it does have ant I did the spindown via Bluetooth  on my phone. It's the ant signal that seems to drop....

15 hours ago, lechatnoir said:

For the rest of us Kickr owners, would it be possible to list the parts you collected for the repair and post the list here for future reference?

I'm out of the country for a few weeks, will do when I'm back

• 3 months later...

In a market where products are not really functionally distinguishable, service makes the difference.

Here is my story:

I bought a Kickr Core during one of the lockdowns and it died yesterday morning. As I had to be in that part of Pretoria yesterday, I dropped the unit off with iKhambi Distribution the local agents at lunchtime, rather than returning it via the dealer. 

Shortly after 9 o'clock this morning I got a message from them saying they are doing a warrantee replacement and asking where they can drop the new unit off. I could have collected it today, but they are bringing it to me on Friday.

If you are in two minds about which trainer to get, I recommend a Kickr for no reason other than the service from the local agents.

Thank you Christian and Sibusiso, I appreciate it.

and I can agree... bought my first unit in 2015, I own 2... Always been my experience with Christiaan also... Customer service is at next level.

I know if anyone asks I can point them at him and never have to be worried.

G

On 9/30/2022 at 1:52 PM, Thin Al said:

I bought a second hand Wahoo Kicks Climb in July '21, from a LBS, previously owned by someone I know. All went well, till it suddenly collapsed on me last week. 

The belt broke. LBS contacted Wahoo, who advised that they do not even try to repair the units, and I have to buy a new one, at almost 12k.

Not impressed. Won't be buying from Wahoo again.

Google the issue, someone online found a car belt that is the equivalent of the belt used on the trainer for a fraction of the cost. Motor industry has many belts, bring the one that broke, so they can match it up and ensure its the same?

Disclaimer: I have not done this myself, but saw it being done locally and internationally.