Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

Just as I have done all my research and decided on buying a KICKR 3 2017, they go and launch a KICKR 4 2018.

Now do I wait for the new one to arrive in SA or just buy the KICKR 3? From what I can see these are the changes.

• Ergonomic Grip Carrying Handle Placement Change (Moved to accommodate bikes with disc brakes)
  • Quieter unit (Wahoo redesigned the belt system to be much more quiet than any predecessor)
  • Additional thru axle compatibility (12×142 and 12×148 thru axle)
  • Addition of a heavier flywheel (16 lbs vs 12.5 lbs from the previous version)
  • Compatible with the KICKR Headwind

Hello Rudolph, 

Thanks for considering the Wahoo KICKR. It will be the best buy you ever make :)

Regarding the differences. Wahoo simply made minor improvements on a bullet proof product that does not require much change. 

The have however made the following changes based on customer feedback:

- The KICKR 4 2018 will be silent. Based on feedback from customers this was a major point of improvement to compete against the sound of the NEO. 

- The heavier flywheel makes the true road inertia a bit more realistic. 

- Adjusted carry handle for compatibility. 

The other points you have made already works with the KICKR i.e axle compatibility, Headwind/Climb integration. 

So whether you buy a KICKR 2017 / 2018 there are minor differences and either way you have a bulletproof, solid, pain cave machine. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as I have done all my research and decided on buying a KICKR 3 2017, they go and launch a KICKR 4 2018.

Now do I wait for the new one to arrive in SA or just buy the KICKR 3? From what I can see these are the changes.

• Ergonomic Grip Carrying Handle Placement Change (Moved to accommodate bikes with disc brakes)
  • Quieter unit (Wahoo redesigned the belt system to be much more quiet than any predecessor)
  • Additional thru axle compatibility (12×142 and 12×148 thru axle)
  • Addition of a heavier flywheel (16 lbs vs 12.5 lbs from the previous version)
  • Compatible with the KICKR Headwind

Have you considered the new Kickr Core?

Has all the great features at a much lower price point. 

Christian, Expected delivery of the Kickr Core in SA and what price?

Hi Shaper, 

The KICKR CORE is expected to land 1'st October and retail at R13,999 incl VAT. This is a conservatively proposed price as we simply do not know what the exchange rate will do. 

The good news is that we do not expect the price to be higher than this and at best the price might come down slightly. 

Should you have a pre-order in place you will receive a refund on the difference when it ships. 

Key differences to note vs KICKR '18:

- Ships without RPM Cadence 

- Ships without a cassette 

Will however have the same silent drive that comes with the KICKR 2018

Hello Rudolph, 

Thanks for considering the Wahoo KICKR. It will be the best buy you ever make :)

Regarding the differences. Wahoo simply made minor improvements on a bullet proof product that does not require much change. 

The have however made the following changes based on customer feedback:

- The KICKR 4 2018 will be silent. Based on feedback from customers this was a major point of improvement to compete against the sound of the NEO. 

- The heavier flywheel makes the true road inertia a bit more realistic. 

- Adjusted carry handle for compatibility. 

The other points you have made already works with the KICKR i.e axle compatibility, Headwind/Climb integration. 

So whether you buy a KICKR 2017 / 2018 there are minor differences and either way you have a bulletproof, solid, pain cave machine.

Hi Christian

Thanks for your input. I am now the very happy owner of a Kickr 3.

But then I have to confess I also have the Wahoo Elemnt, Tickr HR monitor and the Wahoo speed and cadence sensor. So I wasn’t going anywhere else for a IDT.

I run the beta version of Zwift on Android and everything connects seamlessly.

Hi Christian

Thanks for your input. I am now the very happy owner of a Kickr 3.

But then I have to confess I also have the Wahoo Elemnt, Tickr HR monitor and the Wahoo speed and cadence sensor. So I wasn’t going anywhere else for a IDT.

I run the beta version of Zwift on Android and everything connects seamlessly.

NICE! Building you indoor ecosystem...

post-63087-0-82646400-1532154202_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've recently painted my house, and in that, my trainer setup had to move, and move and move. And this is what I've discovered - a kickr 4 does NOT like to be moved. I finally got my setup back in place, and my first quick interval session was a disaster... I DID make a plan to do a spin down min-session, but a little while after, the rest intervals were not rests, and nothing worked on the trainer properly... I ended up restarting the computer and doing two more spindowns before things normalised.

Then this morning, repeated the interval session, and all's back to normal... So lesson learned - if I move it, prepare for mayhem... or at least let things ease back in again

I finally got my tax refund from SARS. (There is a major storm coming after 3 months of waiting!)

I am now officially looking to buy a Kickr 4. It seems all bike shops are asking the same price.

Any LBS/ online recommendations in the Gauteng area?

Hi guys, apologies if this has already been addressed. I am looking for a way to download 'real life' routes to do on the Kickr. 

I would, for example, like to ride the Ironman SA 2019 (PE) course on my kickr - is there any way I can do this? 

Hi guys, apologies if this has already been addressed. I am looking for a way to download 'real life' routes to do on the Kickr. 

I would, for example, like to ride the Ironman SA 2019 (PE) course on my kickr - is there any way I can do this? 

Hi Steve, 

The best way to simulate a specific route is using the ELEMNT or ELEMNT BOLT. You can import the GPX file into the computer and then the KICKR will simulate the actual route based on weight, power etc. You can do this with any route available in GPX format or you can import a route from STRAVA. 

For realistic routes that are filmed we've fallen in love with the App called FULGAZ - You can ride a range of realistic routs and there is an APPLE TV app for the product making connection to TV very easy. 

Cheers! 

Wahooligan Chris 

You can use Rouvy and use their free app to import the gpx file from RidewithGPS, etc

• 1 month later...

Anyone where is the best place to buy Wahoo Kickr 4 ???

Have to second chatting to Christian.

They are awesome ! And they have great back up. They did not mind spending time with me helping to get things set up. I am real technological challenged person. Falling into the extremely late adoption of the technological curve!

www.buycycle.co.za

https://www.bikehub.co.za/user/63087-christian-van-zyl/

or give them a call:

087 654 1940

Hey guys, feeling flattered  :blush: 

Our team (iKhambi) has expanded this year to ensure better after sales support and technical advice. Gearing up for an exciting season in 2019. 

You can reach us at 0876541940 or email at support@wahoofitness.co.za 

We can not have any success without our retail partners... They have been an amazing network of passionate dealers. Anyone can PM me with their location and I will be sure to point you to the closest retailer to assist. 

Cheers! 

Your local Wahooligan