Wahoo Kickr Owners

awesme

I bought a second hand Wahoo Kicks Climb in July '21, from a LBS, previously owned by someone I know. All went well, till it suddenly collapsed on me last week. 

The belt broke. LBS contacted Wahoo, who advised that they do not even try to repair the units, and I have to buy a new one, at almost 12k.

Not impressed. Won't be buying from Wahoo again.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Thin Al said:

I bought a second hand Wahoo Kicks Climb in July '21, from a LBS, previously owned by someone I know. All went well, till it suddenly collapsed on me last week. 

The belt broke. LBS contacted Wahoo, who advised that they do not even try to repair the units, and I have to buy a new one, at almost 12k.

Wow. That's BS. At R12k. I'll take my chances on a repair 

On 9/12/2022 at 5:29 PM, Cookie88 said:

Hoping that someone can offer some guidance on what I should do around an issue I recently picked up with my Kickr Core.

I always Dual Record my indoor sessions done on Kickr Core/Zwift on my Garmin/Assioma Dual Sided Power Pedals. The power readings from workouts were always quite close - well with in 2-3% of each other which didn't bother me too much.

Recently though, I started noticing the numbers getting further apart with the Assioma's showing that the Kicker is overstating my power by up to 6 or 7% which although is great for my ego not actually a true reflection of where I am.

I have tried multiple spin-downs on the Wahoo App (The Assioma's Auto Calibrate) but the drift over time is very clear to see. 

Any ideas - is this the end of my trusty Kickr's Life? ☹️ 

2 hours ago, Thin Al said:

I raised a ticket with Wahoo earlier on this week around my Kickr Core Unit being barely 2 years old and showing an almost 10% difference in power numbers to my Assioma Duo Power Pedals. Yet to hear anything back after I sent a long explanation with the .fit files.

If this continues I might also not be in the market for another Wahoo product. Sorry about your experience with your Kickr Climb.

On 9/30/2022 at 4:08 PM, Cookie88 said:

I raised a ticket with Wahoo earlier on this week around my Kickr Core Unit being barely 2 years old and showing an almost 10% difference in power numbers to my Assioma Duo Power Pedals. Yet to hear anything back after I sent a long explanation with the .fit files.

If this continues I might also not be in the market for another Wahoo product. Sorry about your experience with your Kickr Climb.

Just an update - I called iKhambi this morning and spoke to a gentleman there.

They are going submit the .Fit Files to Wahoo HQ and get back to me.

On 9/30/2022 at 1:52 PM, Thin Al said:

Can't you replace the belt with an aftermarket belt, i'm sure a bearing / V belt shop can match the size.

1 hour ago, madmarc said:

Can't you replace the belt with an aftermarket belt, i'm sure a bearing / V belt shop can match the size.

this is certainly an option. And it won't even void the warranty - apparently there isn't one

PPP Wahoo. do better

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, 

Christian here from Wahoo SA. 

Happy to engage on this thread. Certain products are unable to be fixed, but all products carry a warrantee as long as the original proof of purchase can be supplied. This is important for various logical reasons. 

This is a standard in the industry and across brands, we are in no way unique in this fact. One thing we pride ourselves in is after market support and takes the side of the customer within reason. Other threads can speak to this. 

We do assist with some replacement parts like belts which can be purchased from us for KICKR products, the CLIMB's however can not be replaced and has to go through a warrantee process. Second hand purchases can create a situation where we can not confirm when it was initially purchased, age of the product or if it was used in the correct manner for the duration of the lifecycle. 

We have KICKR products in the market for over 11 years now and giving excellent value to their users after all these years. 

Should there be anyone who wants to engage with me directly, please feel free to DM me. Or call our support team at 0876541940. We work closely with Wahoo HQ to resolve issues or queries. We are always willing to discuss. 

Your local Wahooligan 

Christian 

First ride in a while last night and I noticed something odd. 

Cadence is all over the place if I don't have consistent power on the pedal. Being a post covid recovery ride I was on a super light setting in Systm which required a max of 70W output. 

When I kept to the 70W it will ready fine but the second I slowed down a little the cadence will sit at 120rpm. (Wahoo app and Systm showed this)

As a result my 30 minute ride showed as 80.4 km done. 

My understanding is that the cadence is virtual which makes sense so it isn't calculating correctly. 

Anyone else experience this? I did a spindown which made no difference. 

Kickr Core.....(my third one since 2020 and I'm not impressed)

Edited by Steady Spin

8 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

Cadence is all over the place if I don't have consistent power on the pedal. Being a post covid recovery ride I was on a super light setting in Systm which required a max of 70W output. 

When I kept to the 70W it will ready fine but the second I slowed down a little the cadence will sit at 120rpm. (Wahoo app and Systm showed this)

My understanding is that the cadence is virtual which makes sense so it isn't calculating correctly. 

Hi Steady Spin, 

Sorry to hear about that... Please reach out to the support team, they will push to get an answer for you. It might not be hardware related, but something to do with the software. 

Ready to help 

Christian 

1 hour ago, Steady Spin said:

Shortly after I got my Kickr Core (May 2020) there was a firmware update.  After the update I had many issues.  I then managed to roll-back the firmware and have not done an update since.  Thus far, no issues.  Maybe try that?

8 minutes ago, agilwolf said:

Shortly after I got my Kickr Core (May 2020) there was a firmware update.  After the update I had many issues.  I then managed to roll-back the firmware and have not done an update since.  Thus far, no issues.  Maybe try that?

I was hoping there would be a firmware update for my trainer to see if that resolves it. 

How do you even roll these back? 

anybody here using the Wahoo direct connect with their Kickr 5 on Zwift (PC application )

direct connect.jpg

Edited by Mongoose!

41 minutes ago, Steady Spin said:

I was hoping there would be a firmware update for my trainer to see if that resolves it. 

How do you even roll these back? 

Note the below relates to how things were THEN, and not necessarily now, but should give you an idea ...

Wahoo Kickr Firmware Rollback

For Android

1. Open the Wahoo Utilities app.
  2. Make sure the Wahoo device is powered on.
  3. Click on the Wahoo device when it pops up.
  4. Wait for the Wahoo Device to connect, once connected tap the grey icon of the device with the Bluetooth emblem in it 10 times to bring up the firmware update list. It will show what firmware is current, choose the latest firmware next to that update in the list or the one that is (recommended).
  5. Allow the update to finish and try and reconnect the device to the Wahoo Fitness app when done.
  6. Return to the Wahoo Fitness app, repair the sensor in the sensor settings and save the sensor to the proper workout profiles.
  7. Return to the main wahoo fitness screen, select the proper workout profile and start your workout!

For iOS

1. Open the Wahoo Fitness app.
  2. Click the sensors icon on the bottom left side of the app.
  3. Click On the device if it is saved, find a new sensor if it is not saved.
  4. Click on the Wahoo device when it appears and wait for it to connect.
  5. Click the grey device icon with the Bluetooth emblem in it 5 times to bring you to the firmware update screen.
  6. Click on the recommended update or the downgrade to the current update you are using.
  7. Once complete, go back to the sensors page, save sensor to the proper profiles.
  8. Return to the main screen, select workout, and start your workout!