• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Steady Spin said:

Great news. The unit is being replaced. 

I assume it is with a refurbished unit? 

My replacement unit looked to be a brand new one less all the power cables, through axles etc. YMMV

47 minutes ago, thebob said:

My replacement unit looked to be a brand new one less all the power cables, through axles etc. YMMV

My previous replacement was used from November 2020 to May 2021 for a total of about 750km I think. 

Can't be a brand new unit and only last that little bit of time. 

Maybe it was just unlucky. 

22 hours ago, thebob said:

True as bob! They sent a brand new unit even when they asked me to exclude the power brick, axles, and adaptors etc. 

New unit was sealed in box with every bit and piece. 

Another incredible experience with them. 5 working days in total from logging the ticket to receiving the new unit. 

Ikhambi support is second to none IMO. It's a pity they're let down by crummy Wahoo quality it'd seem - have been through 4 Kickr 4's myself and each time they were stellar

• 2 weeks later...

Is there such a thread already for Elite indoor trainers owners?

Curious to know their level in customer support compared to all the praise that Ikhambi gets.

• 2 weeks later...

Bl000dddy amazing...

Placed order with Bianca from bicycles yesterday, for those that don't know they/BuyCycle is also known as Ikhambi, the local agents for Wahoo.

Order a new Wahoo Tickr for myself and a new strap for my wife.

Well delivered today before 12, and oh btw, I'm down in Jeffreysbay.

Thanks @Christian van Zyl

G

On 10/13/2021 at 3:30 PM, Darryllk said:

Is there such a thread already for Elite indoor trainers owners?

Curious to know their level in customer support compared to all the praise that Ikhambi gets.

No. Because they don't break.

Having an issue or two with my replacement Kickr Core, wondering if anyone has experienced the same:

I noticed my avatar on Zwift would keep pedaling when I was freewheeling. The reported cadence would shoot up to 135rpm odd for a few seconds and then drop to zero. I recalibrated the unit and cadence seems to be fine now. When I stop pedaling, the avatar reacts quickly and no spikes in cadence are shown.

A couple of days later I had another strange issue. I did a workout and wanted to do the last two climbs on the Richmond UCI course I was riding. First climb went fine and I put in a nice bit of power to the top. I was planning to spin along until the next climb down the steep hill. Hit it at ~130 watts and 85 rpm. From past experience I should have been cruising down at around 50km/h, but my reported speed was far lower at 29km/h. I stopped the ride, quit Zwift and recalibrated the unit again. I didn't want to go back in an ride anymore, so I assume all is good now.

I'll see how it does during today's Zwift session, but hoping I don't have a unit that is on its way out

Edit: seems that after the workout Zwift reverts to the starting interval and limits the power and speed to that. Seems likely it is a bug. Will post on the support forums and see if anyone else has the issue

Edit 2: feedback from the Zwift forum indicates it is probably the U-Turn bug. At least my Kickr seems to be in working order

Edited by thebob

• 9 months later...
On 3/25/2019 at 2:29 PM, MCDreyer said:

Thanks for the advice guys!

I contacted a company in Cape Town that specializes in belts. Bought a one for R110 for a test ride and used it for almost 2 weeks now with no issues at all. Compared to R2500!!!???

Also ordered another belt from the RSOnline link above which is apparently a good make just for in case.

Yes, I get the Gates belt is a good make that should last very long (mine lasted 2 years) but R2500 is extremely expensive and greatful not having to pay that to keep on training.

Love the Wahoo Kickr and with this being the only part that would probably need replacement, I'm happy to have found a way to do this at a fraction of the cost initially anticipated.  :clap: :thumbup:

Has anyone tried one of these belts with any success??

• 1 month later...

Hoping that someone can offer some guidance on what I should do around an issue I recently picked up with my Kickr Core.

I always Dual Record my indoor sessions done on Kickr Core/Zwift on my Garmin/Assioma Dual Sided Power Pedals. The power readings from workouts were always quite close - well with in 2-3% of each other which didn't bother me too much.

Recently though, I started noticing the numbers getting further apart with the Assioma's showing that the Kicker is overstating my power by up to 6 or 7% which although is great for my ego not actually a true reflection of where I am.

I have tried multiple spin-downs on the Wahoo App (The Assioma's Auto Calibrate) but the drift over time is very clear to see. 

Any ideas - is this the end of my trusty Kickr's Life? ☹️ 

Edited by Cookie88

I have the Kickr Snap , I think 2018/19 model. I expieranced connections issues and tried about every possible down load / spin down etc etc with no luck. The power line on my workouts on Trainneroad was also not a flat line but had some very small zig zags. Then I opened the unit and cleaned the "sensor" pickup that was full of dust, did the normal spin downs and the Kickr is working flawlessly again. Hopefully this can help some one battling with something simmilar....