Carbon Brake Pads

Patchelicious

Which are the better carbon brake pads?

I have been running the out of the box Reynolds I got with my wheels, but am not too happy with them.

I thought is was a just a carbon wheel thing until I tried another dudes bike and holy moly, his bike braked MUCH better than mine.

So, which pads will give me the best braking performance with carbon wheels?

Swisstop.! (the most recommended pad guaranteed)

As a matter of interest, did the "other dudes bike" have the same wheels.?

Braking surface on the wheels play a role as do the actual brakes on the bike.

Some lightweight calipers won't stop you no matter what pads or wheels.

Yeah swisstop black Prince have changed my braking immeasurably. You won't go wrong. And the wear rate is amazing too, they seem to last forever.

Other dudes wheels were 303s.

Well that settles things pretty easily.

Its Campy SR, so its SwissStop Bralck PRince RacePro then....

Thanks guys.

Would you be able to use SwissStop Black Prince on aluminium brake surface aswell or only Carbon?

Most pads will work on either brake surface, but possibly not equally well.

Be mindful of alu splinters in pads when reverting to carbon wheels.

Broken record here...... try the Token pads 

the standard blue blocks that come with the wheels ? If so then the Swissstop is MUCH better. There was a few second delay with braking on the pads that came with my C50's, changed to SwissStop and its worlds apart, best R600 I spent.

Which are the better carbon brake pads?

I have been running the out of the box Reynolds I got with my wheels, but am not too happy with them.

I thought is was a just a carbon wheel thing until I tried another dudes bike and holy moly, his bike braked MUCH better than mine.

So, which pads will give me the best braking performance with carbon wheels?

Why are you using your brakes?

You must go faster not slower.

the standard blue blocks that come with the wheels ? If so then the Swissstop is MUCH better. There was a few second delay with braking on the pads that came with my C50's, changed to SwissStop and its worlds apart, best R600 I spent.

Yip I'm still using the blue ones. Done about 3500km and can't complain. Used Campag pads with Campag wheels before that which were useless. 

Archived