Hollard Jozi Urban MTB Adventure: Transforming The Braamfontein Spruit through adventure sport

News bot

if you want to create positive impact and change, then think about dismantling that purple monstrosity that runs under Tana (?) road.  The concrete rerouting of the water flow and the bottom of the "bridge" is a disgusting mess, and way more dangerous than putting a foot down and crossing a road

I'll take the underpass every time, as opposed to crossing the road.

I agree it could have been better implemented, but without diverting the water, it makes it very difficult to do it right the first time.

Look forward to riding The Juma.

if you want to create positive impact and change, then think about dismantling that purple monstrosity that runs under Tana (?) road.  The concrete rerouting of the water flow and the bottom of the "bridge" is a disgusting mess, and way more dangerous than putting a foot down and crossing a road

Fully agree, call the spruit fairy to sort out 

Why doesn't Hollard rather just sponsor the Swampdogs?  They maintain the spruit trail all year on a sustainable basis, not just for a few, marketing headline grabbing weeks a year ahead of the tour de trash? In spite of the cosmetic attempts to "ready" the Juma course, it really is a reminder of what complete pigs joburgers are in the treatment of their greenbelts.  Not sure that this race changes much?  Give the money to guys and gals that SELFLESSLY and without pursuit of profit ACTUALLY give a $#%* for the trail, no?

Why doesn't Hollard rather just sponsor the Swampdogs?  They maintain the spruit trail all year on a sustainable basis, not just for a few, marketing headline grabbing weeks a year ahead of the tour de trash? In spite of the cosmetic attempts to "ready" the Juma course, it really is a reminder of what complete pigs joburgers are in the treatment of their greenbelts.  Not sure that this race changes much?  Give the money to guys and gals that SELFLESSLY and without pursuit of profit ACTUALLY give a $#%* for the trail, no?

liewe aarde maar jy is n bitter mens...

liewe aarde maar jy is n bitter mens...

Huh? I love the Spruit and actively support the Swampdogs who do an AWESOME job in maintaining a FREE trail for anyone who wants to come and ride?  Maintenance of greenbelts is a constant and selfless effort, which these guys do out of the goodness of their hearts.  When Hollard builds hideous monstrosities that just make a godawful mess to reduce a once-a-year race bottleneck which I have pointed out you start your trolling again? What gives, man?

Huh? I love the Spruit and actively support the Swampdogs who do an AWESOME job in maintaining a FREE trail for anyone who wants to come and ride?  Maintenance of greenbelts is a constant and selfless effort, which these guys do out of the goodness of their hearts.  When Hollard builds hideous monstrosities that just make a godawful mess to reduce a once-a-year race bottleneck which I have pointed out you start your trolling again? What gives, man?

agree on the dawgs...they are an awesome bunch...however the juma(I havent participated in one yet)  adds some nice features / bridges / crossings when they prepare for their event. Everyone benefits from it all year round. Try not to see the bad in everything my goodness

Just a question friend, what are these bottlenecks you speak of? Only queue I saw was at the beer tent. Rouxtjie seeing you've gone full-on spruit rat I fully expect to see you at Juma. 

Just a question friend, what are these bottlenecks you speak of? Only queue I saw was at the beer tent. Rouxtjie seeing you've gone full-on spruit rat I fully expect to see you at Juma. 

My assumption was that the purple jungle gym was built to avoid a bottleneck road crossing.  If they put 5000 riders up or down that sif ramp, there's going to be a proper cluster#$%* pile up on that thing, for sure.  Anyway, weren't there dozens of bottlenecks in the 1st Juma, which caused them to change the route?

Nee wat oom....haka / VG is where its at. 

Still love my sunday spruit @ 8 ride with the manne....

My assumption was that the purple jungle gym was built to avoid a bottleneck road crossing.  If they put 5000 riders up or down that sif ramp, there's going to be a proper cluster#$%* pile up on that thing, for sure.  Anyway, weren't there dozens of bottlenecks in the 1st Juma, which caused them to change the route?

That ramp down into the underpass needs some repair after the floods - but it sure does a LOT for road traffic improvements - although making it easier to ride UP would probably make it more popular for the weekend warriors - as would a couple of lights in the tunnel.