Omnico/fox is that the best you got?

Pikey

Isnt there maybe some Uci fox or other mechanics available on twitter?

Should be good to start a discussion, maybe on pinkbike as well

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lmfao..is the caravan fer ya maa?

It's seems as though social media is the way to go. Gonna have to have a quick crash course on how & where. Will use all the websites and what ever else I can gathered here . And send a letter accordingly .

I don't even have Facebook

Good man!

Good man!

Ha Ha ,clearly you share my sentiments? My kids say I'm out of touch. Luckily is the general reply .

lmfao..is the caravan fer ya maa?

It's seems as though social media is the way to go. Gonna have to have a quick crash course on how & where. Will use all the websites and what ever else I can gathered here . And send a letter accordingly .

I don't even have Facebook

Ya pink caravan fer me maa!

Just throw out as many hooks as you possibly can and see where you get a bite.

Its harder to get a message up through the chain of command than it is to get a social media person to send the message down that chain.

You guys could try starting a facebook page against omnico and share your stories there

THIS IS HOWEVER TAKING IT VERY FAR ...AND WIL ALMOST GUARANTEE A RESPONSE

It could just be a bad resonse.

But I will support the page , but the ball is in your hands

Good luck , hope it works out         #rockshoxforever

You guys could try starting a facebook page against omnico and share your stories there

THIS IS HOWEVER TAKING IT VERY FAR ...AND WIL ALMOST GUARANTEE A RESPONSE

It could just be a bad resonse.

But I will support the page , but the ball is in your hands

Good luck , hope it works out         #rockshoxforever

A mate of mine was battling for ages to get a telkom line repaired, so he registered a domain and put a website up detailing his issues. He then shared the links all over social media and it got so much attention that the next day he said there were 4 telkom vans outside his house and the regional director was on a ladder checking out a pole.

I will just leave the dig record of the domain he registered below...

; <<>> DiG 9.3.4-P1 <<>> fuckyoutelkom.co.za
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 8437
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;fuckyoutelkom.co.za.           IN      A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
co.za.                  900     IN      SOA     ns.coza.net.za. this-is-probably-not-the-email-address-you-are-looking-for.co.za. 1160418049 28800 7200 2592000 28800

A mate of mine was battling for ages to get a telkom line repaired, so he registered a domain and put a website up detailing his issues. He then shared the links all over social media and it got so much attention that the next day he said there were 4 telkom vans outside his house and the regional director was on a ladder checking out a pole.

I will just leave the dig record of the domain he registered below...

; <<>> DiG 9.3.4-P1 <<>> fuckyoutelkom.co.za
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NXDOMAIN, id: 8437
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;fuckyoutelkom.co.za.           IN      A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
co.za.                  900     IN      SOA     ns.coza.net.za. this-is-probably-not-the-email-address-you-are-looking-for.co.za. 1160418049 28800 7200 2592000 28800

Remember that whole court case against the advertising exec who had a couple of Land Rovers break down. He toook out the domain worst4x4xfar.co.za and published it all there.

there were all sorts of appeals and the stink in the press did major damage to land rover who wanted him to take it down.

Eventually they settled by giving him his money back....

.... who has already broken the "no-build" for 2016 pact ... #andweareonlyinApriljustsaying :))

the pact was only made in February after finishing my fox build debacle. And besides I haven't even built anything else ....yet.

Buying a frame doesn't count as a build ????

Hi my name is pikey and I am a complusive bike builder ????

Isnt there maybe some Uci fox or other mechanics available on twitter?

Should be good to start a discussion, maybe on pinkbike as well

excellent idea ????????

Remember that whole court case against the advertising exec who had a couple of Land Rovers break down. He toook out the domain worst4x4xfar.co.za and published it all there.

there were all sorts of appeals and the stink in the press did major damage to land rover who wanted him to take it down.

Eventually they settled by giving him his money back....

damn good idea,so many brilliant ideas on here . Something will have to give.

Just like fees must fall,albeit it went to far. Those genuinely concerned got the desired effect through social media.

As per the thread about classifieds...... This is what hub land is about . strength in numbers and being a community.

So have got a contact email from the sales Director at omnico Vincent Stevens .

Am going to send him an email with the link to this thread and give omnico the chance to put things right before reverting to social media and slander.

If they do not reply or replace my fork then I say let the games begin.

I recall my first ever rear shock - a float on a Raleigh RDS. It started making a noise like a loose headset over bumps. It must have gone back to Omnico 3 times or more. Eventually they believed me and replaced the shock but it was a massive mission to get them to that point.

A 32 will never feel like a Pike - its comparable to a Fox 36. I have an a 150mm Talas 32  CTD. Its not great and certainly no match for my Pike, but it works reasonably well after some tuning. Sounds like yours is a dud - I'd push for a new one.

Archived