[Event] 947 Cycle Challenge 2016

SWAGG

Awesome!! 

So guys in for A-Team

Spoke101 + 2

RyanAw

Gerald + 4/5

HBO

12 guys working at the front for a minute each.

1 minute effort

11 minute recovery

5 minutes of effort every hour.

This could be the start of something legendary.

Thoughts on organisation?

Meet and greet?

If possible always willing to join, but as Gerald in VB most of the time , but if we can ride together will not mind moving back to A. Maybe I will need to train a bit harder to be able to keep up though, because it sounds easy 1 minute in the front and eleven rest but not always that way.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If possible always willing to join, but as Gerald in VB most of the time , but if we can ride together will not mind moving back to A. Maybe I will need to train a bit harder to be able to keep up though, because it sounds easy 1 minute in the front and eleven rest but not always that way.

If you have more than 4 guys its faster to just keep rolling through.

If we have +10 then then you defiantly don't want to be doing 1min all out on the front because as you peel of and the next guy roles through the pace naturally lifts and if this is on a slightly harder section like rolling into a climb or accelerating over the top you will get guys popping of the back.

Would rather have a contently slow rotating train where it's about 10sec's from the time the rider in front of you pulls off to the time when the rider behind you pulls of in front of you.

Yip, FTP test planned for later this week. Haven't done one in a while...... Did get notified of new threshold value after race and hoping to see a nice jump.

Yebo

IF of 1.1 over 2:45

That'll make me weep for days ????

Damn, late to the speed and power stats!

OK, so was in the VA break from start of M1 to Steyn City, I did not have enough legs or mind to hang on with the 3 winners, but they rode great!

Finishing time: 2:22:53

Max Speed: 84.5

Ave Power:        304 (3.9)

Max Power:     1224 (15.7)

NP:                    333 (4.27)

20min Power:    311 (3.99)

TSS:                 252.8

Ave Cad:            87

Current weight:  78

Must say, 2 hours sleep and a 3 hour drive to the start did not help, my head was out of it at times.

Video is currently busy uploading to YouTube

Edit: Added W/kg for better comparison. Guys wanting to race should really use this as goal posts, we need more strong guys racing and this is why I share the info.

Link to video?

Let me know what you think.

Give ideas how I can edit it next time.

You were just op as the rest of us that final 10km.

You rode well.

This video is superb. I have not been  cycling for too many years and I must admit I am learning a lot from bikehub.

I have two not so clever questions:

1. What's the difference between Elite and VA, groups. Do they follow the normal seeding process to place riders on these groups or its on merit.

2. Why when for example VA catches up with Tandems the Commissar neutralises the race... what's wrong when these groups ride together?

Damn, late to the speed and power stats!

OK, so was in the VA break from start of M1 to Steyn City, I did not have enough legs or mind to hang on with the 3 winners, but they rode great!

Finishing time: 2:22:53

Max Speed: 84.5

Ave Power:        304 (3.9)

Max Power:     1224 (15.7)

NP:                    333 (4.27)

20min Power:    311 (3.99)

TSS:                 252.8

Ave Cad:            87

Current weight:  78

Must say, 2 hours sleep and a 3 hour drive to the start did not help, my head was out of it at times.

Video is currently busy uploading to YouTube

Edit: Added W/kg for better comparison. Guys wanting to race should really use this as goal posts, we need more strong guys racing and this is why I share the info.

Ahh ok I know who you are. We actually rode together for a bit at carnival after you stopped to help your team mate that crashed.

We spoke a bit before the track and you told me you hadn't slept much. We actually entered the track together but that was the last I saw of you. As we got onto the track you just powered away from me.