[Event] 947 Cycle Challenge 2016

SWAGG

I agree that Carnival was a killer in the wind, but my times were closer to each other

I did 3h16 at Carnival and 3h07 at 94.7

Maybe it would be nice if more could give us their CCMNC vs 97.4 times to prove this theory.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome improvement. What did you do differently? Trained more/ harder/ differently? Lost weight? Please share.

So I kinda have to add that last year was on a MTB with slicks.. MTB weigh about 16kgs. And at that stage I was at 95kgs...And I have only been cycling for 3 months at that stage.

In Jan I got a road bike weighing 9kgs and I was down to 88kg.. So total weight loss is 14kgs.. I do try and train as much as possible but im mostly a weekend warrior with the occasional hour ride once or twice a week.. I do try and do the week rides with the heavier MTB though..

Another thing was joining a club and just learning bits and pieces from the experienced boys.. another BIG thing was fueling... last year I had no clue when and what to drink or eat and I also did not know my body.. This year even I could feel cramps coming on but I have learned to manage it to keep em at bay.

So what I wil be doing for next year is as many races as possible including a Maluti Double 90 and an Audax or two.. but Im going to start doing some night trail runs and hopefully squeeze in a Wattbike, Wahoo Kickr or exta Road session in the week

I am sub 3 material. Did 94.7 last year in 2h48 and Carnival this year in 2h56. I didn't do 94.7 this year due to kidney stone issue 3 days prior to the race.

I'm curios to what Piet changed to get that massive improvement. I still want to improve my times since my dream goal is a sub 3 CTCT which I just missed last year due to a dropped chain.

Hopefully I can learn something from him.

I am sub 3 material. Did 94.7 last year in 2h48 and Carnival this year in 2h56. I didn't do 94.7 this year due to kidney stone issue 3 days prior to the race.

I'm curios to what Piet changed to get that massive improvement. I still want to improve my times since my dream goal is a sub 3 CTCT which I just missed last year due to a dropped chain.

Hopefully I can learn something from him.

I dont think you will learn much from me :-) But I have noticed that losing around 7kgs help a little especially on the hilly rides and races.. I would really like to get down to around 80 - 82kg... Getting seeded higher and starting in faster groups obviously helps also. Last year I started at 10h00 and was out in the heat of the day. This year I was done long before last years start time..

The Club also organize the weekend rides in a sort of "progressive overload" mould. Winter will be short easier routes at a lower pace and it will progressively get harder and further leading up to 94.7. So I guess if anything.. I trained smarter (given the limited training time I have)

Edited by PietSw

I dont think you will learn much from me :-) But I have noticed that losing around 7kgs help a little especially on the hilly rides and races.. I would really like to get down to around 80 - 82kg... Getting seeded higher and starting in faster groups obviously helps also. Last year I started at 10h00 and was out in the heat of the day. This year I was done long before last years start time..

The Club also organize the weekend rides in a sort of "progressive overload" mould. Winter will be short easier routes at a lower pace and it will progressively get harder and further leading up to 94.7. So I guess if anything.. I trained smarter (given the limited training time I have)

Sorry if I missed it, but which club do you ride with?

I find it very strange that the beta for CCNMC is 1.02 and 94.7 is 1.24 when almost everyone says CCNMC was the harder race.

The ccmnc beta is low because the pros did a different race. Indices will be based on an amateur's time (winner of the 103km)

Edited by RyanAW