Which Power meter??

Henley 1

In my case a better example would be the ZAR exchange rate... always hopingthinkingwishing that next month will be better (ZAR stronger)

You know you're in South Africa when the worsening exchange rate even affects old stock!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bluetooth is bluetooth.

unless one is BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)

However phonescan read it just fine so unless Polar is the holier than though it should work and Dcrainmaker seems to agree

Polar is unique and special ????

Any fools cyclists on hub planet using a Polar computer (V800 in particular) with a power meter? Which ones work with the glorious V800...preferably a crank based unit...?

Polar is a great unit, we working with them to improve a few things but its got legs...... 

interesting [emoji3]

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/55d09e5de4b06ab7f692ce1f/55d48f70e4b0d06bf5f93f42/56269cade4b0ea5e4f2e9411/1445371056813/ISO+LR_Red+Matte.png?format=750w

Any fools cyclists on hub planet using a Polar computer (V800 in particular) with a power meter? Which ones work with the glorious V800...preferably a crank based unit...?

I run a Polar V650 and stages , could'nt be happier works like a bomb

paired to a GPS headunit like G520,...........doubt you'll need a separate sensor

This is from rainmakers website where the person representing powerpod confirms you need a speed sensor. Don't t think it is possible for the unit to pick up the speed from the computer

post-26136-0-54110600-1463062661_thumb.jpeg

Polar is a great unit, we working with them to improve a few things but its got legs...... 

Does the powerbeam blue tooth version work with the V800?

I've got the Ant+ but will be thinking of trading in for the new "Hammer" version when its available

Does the powerbeam blue tooth version work with the V800?

I've got the Ant+ but will be thinking of trading in for the new "Hammer" version when its available

Hi Swiss..... No the Polar won't work with the PowerSync / PowerBeam BLE. controlling a trainer via a BLE devise other than a smart device is a problem at this point in time..... 

RE Trade-In.... just you hold tight.... we have something up our sleeves.... but just wish we could get stock of the things..... putting MASSIVE pressure on the USA for stock but might be a little way off..... 

This is from rainmakers website where the person representing powerpod confirms you need a speed sensor. Don't t think it is possible for the unit to pick up the speed from the computer

Cool thanks for confirming. Does look like it needs a separate sensor to talk to it while it talks to a head unit. Not a problem since I have a gsc10 on every bike .

Wonder what it's mtb performance is like

Cool thanks for confirming. Does look like it needs a separate sensor to talk to it while it talks to a head unit. Not a problem since I have a gsc10 on every bike .

Wonder what it's mtb performance is like

If I remember correctly from reading the review, which was quite a while ago so I could be mistaken, the one area where dcrainmaker found accuracy issues was on bad roads, including gravel sections.

If that is still the case, that they haven't improved it with a firmware update, then MTB will probably give it some trouble.