Iwan Kemp

I'd say it's about the same as the 2.25 canis

I doubt the casing is that wide but I don't have either to measure. The conti 2.2 Tyres casing measure like a 1.95. Really low volume. Only race King is high volume . But they all grip very nicely. Just need to be aware low volume high pressure

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So which Specialized tyre will make a good muddy tyre for the back?  I can't afford the high-end stuff like the Vittorias, Maxxis and Conti's.

Right now we are running Fast Track on the back, and Purgatory on the front.

EDIT:  He used to run Onza Canis on both wheels, but he prefers the Purgatory on the front as it has better grip (according to him).  And the Onza Canis is also now getting quite expensive.

Purgatory does look like a grippier tyre, plus it's touted as an AM tyre rather than an AM/XC tyre. 

As for mud, there's the Storm Control. Comes in 26" & 29" 2.0 varieties, which is what you want for mud. Would also probably perform better in REALLY muddy conditions at the front. 

Does anyone know if there are frame only options available?

This looks like a machine........

When we last asked the answer was that there will be, but no confirmed date or price just yet. We will update you guys as soon as we have an update.

Anyway, I was nitpicking.

For affordable XCO dual sussers, there are basically this new Sesta, the Vipa, and what else? My son likes the Canyon Lux, but I told him to forget about that one as they don't ship to SA AFAIK.

This is why I am keeping my eye on the Sesta.  He will be racing Juniors next year, and the courses keep on getting more and more technical.  Which is where these machines comes in handy.

Check what Matthew Keyser and company's parents have ponied up for...Sesta.

There will be. For now SB are doing complete machines. Find a mate that needs a components upgrade and split the complete bike between the two of you.

Check what Matthew Keyser and company's parents have ponied up for...Sesta.

I spoke to his dad this weekend at the Trailseeker.  They are now being semi-sponsored by SB, and got them at cost.  Life is unfair.  :whistling:

My son is riding with Matthew's old Giant backup XTC Advanced SL 29er frame.  We have to make do with hand me downs and Bikehub classifieds.

Edited by Moridin

Anyway, I was nitpicking.

For affordable XCO dual sussers, there are basically this new Sesta, the Vipa, and what else? My son likes the Canyon Lux, but I told him to forget about that one as they don't ship to SA AFAIK.

This is why I am keeping my eye on the Sesta.  He will be racing Juniors next year, and the courses keep on getting more and more technical.  Which is where these machines comes in handy.

Anthem

Howcome the ladie who owns the bike in the video has those crappy XX brakes and not Sram Guide or Level?

Jy bang dis beter as n Epic?

I spoke to his dad this weekend at the Trailseeker.  They are now being semi-sponsored by SB, and got them at cost.  Life is unfair.  :whistling:

My son is riding with Matthew's old Giant backup XTC Advanced SL 29er frame.  We have to make do with hand me downs and Bikehub classifieds.

I'd be happy with an "old"  "hand me down" "backup" XTC Advanced SL...

Howcome the ladie who owns the bike in the video has those crappy XX brakes and not Sram Guide or Level?

Because OMX is sponsored by SRAM and opted for the lightest available option at that time. BTW, XX brakes work great if you know how to bleed them. The team had to have a number of Guide brakes replaced by SRAM at last year's Epic.

I see Silverback is having a demo day at Helderberg on the 21st of May.  I have already booked a slot for my son to try out the new Sesta.

100miler that day :thumbdown:

Enjoy it tho :thumbup: