Post your woodwork here

Slowbee

Takes some practice but you know you got it right when you see these bubbles of glue[emoji3]

9545ae8c50520a7faeff155e0d78a4b7.jpg

20a58f18fa74e75f08962c12d99ebc9f.jpg

Let the fun begin...next coffee table in the works.

5090d5dcd5c2d44e5c25ab0694ab554b.jpg

0fff204ccecafb27e3c02fc0f632eb2e.jpg

Looks great so far[emoji106]

What mix of wood have you used?

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great so far[emoji106]

What mix of wood have you used?

A mix of scraps collected from various locations ...not sure the name of all the pieces...but what i can tell you...

Baltic pine...

Really old reclaimed meranti.

A mix of scraps collected from various locations ...not sure the name of all the pieces...but what i can tell you...

Baltic pine...

Really old reclaimed meranti.

Ply

Looks like white oak as well. 

I have a Meranti beam PAR size approx. 200 x 60 x 4200mm (will check if anyone is interested) left over from a mezzanine floor project in my house. Wanting to sell it - +-R1200. Goes for about R1700 from Baltic Timbers.

I have a Meranti beam PAR size approx. 200 x 60 x 4200mm (will check if anyone is interested) left over from a mezzanine floor project in my house. Wanting to sell it - +-R1200. Goes for about R1700 from Baltic Timbers.

If I lived in your hood it was sold...bummer

A Disston No. 4 back saw, circa 1939-1940 that I found at an obscure pawnshop in Gordons Bay for R45.  I only needed to clean it up a bit.  The only flaws I can find is a crack in the blade at the front, and a chip in the handle at the horn.

Hi,

Any of you guys have or use one of those Dremel multi accessory tools.  Not specific to woodwork, but looks like a handy tool to have.  any feedback would be cool. thx

Hi,

Any of you guys have or use one of those Dremel multi accessory tools.  Not specific to woodwork, but looks like a handy tool to have.  any feedback would be cool. thx

I have a Dremel Model 800, battery powered job, very handy, runs well, works hard.

I don't have any of the accessory goodies though.

Hi,

Well, I only ever thought I needed one of those once, almost justified buying it, but ended up making a R2.50 plan.

Only time I would really consider getting one again is if I venture into restoration of furniture with intricate carving work, or ornate moulding etc, where getting into with sandpaper could prove cumbersome (like sanding chair number 6 out of a 8 seater dining set)

Edited by RocknRolla

Some pretty impressive work here, Gents. Who knew....

Need some advise. Doing a full renovation & addition (what was I thinking...) and part of the project included replacing all the trusses in the original home.

So I now have a bunch of timber, that looks worse for wear; and I would really like to clean it up a little, to utilise as a work top / bench in the garage.

The biggest challenge is that they lack uniformity in thickness. Would I have to run them through a "thicknesser" or a plane?

I have limited woodworking tools (belt sander & orbital) but other than cleaning up, don't think I would be able to get the uniformity.

There used to be a community workshop near Ghandi Square a few years ago, but that is no longer.

Would gladly hire equipment, or pay for expertise.

Any ideas / suggestions appreciated.