Thanks.

Ive been following one of the 12 week online programs and cutting back now.

All the best man, we want race reports, its going to be hellishly hot i reckon.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the best man, we want race reports, its going to be hellishly hot i reckon.

Thanks

It was 36 yesterday and the sun was a scorcher.

Looks like a no-wetsuit swim tomorrow [emoji85][emoji15]

Tracked you online for a while Gummi, must have been a tough day with the heat !!  Am sure a lot will be learnt from the experience and will come back stronger!!

Tracked you online for a while Gummi, must have been a tough day with the heat !!  Am sure a lot will be learnt from the experience and will come back stronger!!

Had a disastrous day yesterday from the start.

The race had a rolling start and i started 45 minutes into the race.Got kicked in my ribs which i had broken a few months ago and ended up swallowing quite a bit of water.

Got to my bike and someone had knocked it off the rack and damaged my rear derailleur and i couldn't use my top 3 easy gears.Suffered seriously on the hill and there were plenty.Biggest climb was 800m long with avg of 8% and maximum of 22% :eek:

Got off the bike and it was 35Deg and getting hotter.I ended up vomiting for about 10 minutes and tried running again but i was weak and everything was cramping.My first 10km took me almost 2 hours and i have had to do 30km in 5 hours.There was just no way that that was going to happen so i bailed at 11km mark.

It was a learning experience and will do many things differently for next year.

I was really hoping that this would be #6 but wasn't meant to be....still at 5.5.

38541395_10156148726084748_1033642583395

38526563_10156148726079748_5441654097230

Maybe #6 is meant for "Challenge Roth"  :D

Good on you for trying to finish considering, some races go smooth and to plan, others not so. 

Being such a long day, anything and everything can happen!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!! ;)

Edited by shaper

Major props, Gummi. The heat here up North is crazy. I wouldn't have even considered going out for a run or ride yesterday, let alone a tri. 

No. Just no.

Had to be a sadist that puts a hill like that on a 2 lap bike course.Okes on disk wheels were just falling over on the steepest sections.

Well done gummi, some days we win, other days we learn.

Always said, the miracle of Ironman is not the red carpet but the start of the swim. If you in yr have done the work.

Edited by IceCreamMan

The race had a rolling start and i started 45 minutes into the race.Got kicked in my ribs which i had broken a few months ago and ended up swallowing quite a bit of water.

Got to my bike and someone had knocked it off the rack and damaged my rear derailleur and i couldn't use my top 3 easy gears.Suffered seriously on the hill and there were plenty.Biggest climb was 800m long with avg of 8% and maximum of 22% :eek:

Got off the bike and it was 35Deg and getting hotter.I ended up vomiting for about 10 minutes and tried running again but i was weak and everything was cramping.My first 10km took me almost 2 hours and i have had to do 30km in 5 hours.There was just no way that that was going to happen so i bailed at 11km mark.

I was really hoping that this would be #6 but wasn't meant to be....still at 5.5.

i followed the race via the fb feed,We live to fight another day.

So dominant, 7th overall.

Yesterday she was doing a track speed session on Strava.She's a machine at the moment.