[Event] Cullinan 2 Tonteldoos MTB Ultra (260km)

Eveza

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FS , it will save you loads of energy which you can rather use to go just a tiny  bit faster .

Thanks Clint, I'm leaning that way as well!

Thanks Clint, I'm leaning that way as well!

Do it on your Monstercross, it is not a CX bike. Its a mountain bike. 

Hope you all packed your rain kit. Rain was hectic around Belfast and Machadodorp. Still raining in Nelspruit too so expect a muddy end to the race

Ma se hare, that was pretty tough ... Those climbs in the last third can hurt old legs ????

Enjoyed it though, I love gadgets and stuff so the navigation was right up my alley ????

No rain at the event but the mud from the previous day's rain was a bit 'troublesome' in the last 25k's ????

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

I bailed at CP3, Loskop Dam. I was done, my knees and quads just would not work! 

It was an otherwise awesome event and thoroughly enjoyed it non the less! 

Definitely back next year with more TITS and some rule No5! 

Edited by the nerd

Was an awesome event. The rain kept away and only really affected the last 30km of the race with some deep mud. This is right up there with transbaviaaans.

Well done nsBB & DPL. We had to bail at checkpoint 5 (220km) as we were out of batteries. Used 5 between 2 of us, think there might be a issue of compatibility matching with lights. Anyway enough of the excuses.

Enjoyed the event but would prefer starting and finishing later. Almost entire ride in the dark.

Just a casual observation...after all the noise about CX/Gravel bikes I see guys got creative and removed the drop bars and suddenly it became a MTB.

I bailed at CP3, Loskop Dam. I was done, my knees and quads just would not work!

It was an otherwise awesome event and thoroughly enjoyed it non the less!

Definitely back next year with more TITS and some rule No5!

We chatted to the guys manning CP3, and almost a quarter of the field had bailed by CP2.

We arrived at CP3 at around 3am, with the last riders on course around an hour behind us.

Don't underestimate this ride, if you're not used to long distance AND lots of climbing, it's going to get you

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Well done nsBB & DPL. We had to bail at checkpoint 5 (220km) as we were out of batteries. Used 5 between 2 of us, think there might be a issue of compatibility matching with lights. Anyway enough of the excuses.

Enjoyed the event but would prefer starting and finishing later. Almost entire ride in the dark.

Just a casual observation...after all the noise about CX/Gravel bikes I see guys got creative and removed the drop bars and suddenly it became a MTB.

Thanks man. Actually I saw those guys anyways had mtb and CX bikes. When told they couldn't use them one of them put his CX wheels on his MTB ...

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk