• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not always groomed to perfection...

But when I am, I immediatly roll in the dirt

post-17480-0-44657300-1466692729_thumb.jpg

Edited by NE1L

man, those wheels will be perfect on my bike, but I never win anything anyways

I built this up over 2 years. Carbon frame, seat post, fork and stem. Still need carbon wheels and handlebars.

My wheels are always road side down

but just in case

Edited by Eddy Gordo

I bought this old girl in 2008 in New York. She's carried me along the banks of the Hudson river to work, over the Alps in Austria, from France to Italy, to the Southern most point of Africa and through my first full IronMan this year. People kept asking me when I'll replace her with a lighter carbon frame, and my answer has always been "until I do a sub-3 Argus with her". This year I finished the Argus in 2h53m. Now that the time's finally come to replace her, I don't want to part with her yet, and I'm thinking a pair of new Darkhorse wheels may help with her apparent weight problem, and extend her lifetime by a couple of years.

Next year July, the 20th Maccabiah Games are set to take place.

The games are the 3rd largest sports tournament in the world and take place every 4 years in Israel.

For the past 8 years I have looked forward to one day taking part in this event. Next year is my year.

3.30am wake ups and 6 days a week on the bike are getting me ready to hopefully represent South Africa in this self-funded event.

I really love to ride my bike and I used to love Horseriding when I was younger.

Now how about combining the two and riding my bike with some Darkhorse wheels.

The wheels would be a fantastic edition to the love of my life and assist with getting me to the Maccabiah Games, 2017.

post-4608-0-53265000-1466750983_thumb.jpg

post-79554-0-84501400-1466752474_thumb.jpg

The advantage of Darkhouse wheels on my baby is that there is more wheel per bike than your average bike! The bike is not going to detract from the awesome wheels! 

So my submission follows the example set by the guys at the BikeHub... breaking the rules:

Placed, upside down (breaks rule 47) on the couch (a BikeHub tradition) but against my wife's wishes.

This Ritchey has minimal carbon fibre and was built with the purpose of being a bike to take in those long, steady-paced rides.

As I have used this bike at every race, since getting it in July last year, I guess that's another "rule" I've broken.

The last "rule" was to keep it real with very little carbon. By adding some DarkHorse Wheels (bling), it would add to the carbon components (fork, stem spacer and bottle cages).

Do I want the wheels? Absolutely

Do I need them? No, but the opportunity is here to get a set of tubbies. Where's the Logic in that?

15cc62acec2bf53f65b1ea7810f4e205.jpg

Edited by geraldm24

Racing Knysna Cycle Tour next weekend so I’m in urgent need of some Darkhorse race wheels.  At 1,195 grams these babies will make the race a whole lot faster, on the up and down. + It will just complete my bike.

http://i64.tinypic.com/17febc.jpg