Pure Savage

Sometimes the code is in the Handbook, if the owner has the handbook look in there. Or maybe a separate car handbook but included in the official books with the car.

I had a similar issue with my Audi, I had to take the radio combo out to have some work done on the electrical harness and when it was put back it needed the code. I also went to the dealer because who reads the instruction manuals, I mean like really, no one I know, and they pointed me to the booklet in the glove box. Sure enough there it was. :blush:

Yeah, found my radio code in my manual, but the radio was never used by the previous owner, it was replaced before he took ownership of the vehicle.

Will try to get it from Nissan, if They can't help, I will have to beg the guy to check the manual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Found put this afternoon that the car was sold last year with the radio code with the car or SUV.

Now Nissan wants the original car, owner and the radio before they can get the unlock code.

So hope that we can get the papers for the sold car to beg Nissan to get the unlock code for the radio.

Starting to contemplate getting another radio, but finding a cheap double DIN radio (cheap is key here) that will fit an Nissan is the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Found put this afternoon that the car was sold last year with the radio code with the car or SUV.

Now Nissan wants the original car, owner and the radio before they can get the unlock code.

So hope that we can get the papers for the sold car to beg Nissan to get the unlock code for the radio.

Starting to contemplate getting another radio, but finding a cheap double DIN radio (cheap is key here) that will fit an Nissan is the problem.

What car and which model head unit is it?

Cois you get double din adapters that will enable you to fit a single din radio. That might not look great, but may help you.

Caska make a unit that slots right in and can be specced with GPS, have a Google.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Picking up our "new to us" CR-V today. Looks like it will probably need the discs skimmed, whats the rule of thumb here, skim once then replace?

Also now that we back to two cars, my poor accord can go for its long overdue annual service, about 4 months late. (Only did 2500km in the year though)

Picking up our "new to us" CR-V today. Looks like it will probably need the discs skimmed, whats the rule of thumb here, skim once then replace?

Also now that we back to two cars, my poor accord can go for its long overdue annual service, about 4 months late. (Only did 2500km in the year though)

There is a minimum thickness you can skim to. You'll have to measure and check the spec. Sometimes it's stamped on the rotor. If you run your fingernail over the rotor and it gets caught or you have a bad ridge on the edges skim. If not just pads should do. Well that's my rule anyway worked for me so far.

Have a look around Google, there are sites that can unlock them using the serial or similar, charge a nominal fee or you may even find a forum that can do it.

There is a forum that specialized in radio codes for German Becker radios, you just replied on the one thread with your model and serial and a few hrs later a guy would reply with the unlock code for your radio. I did just that and it worked perfectly.

Got the code from Nissan.

Needed the VIN but the dealer that sold the old car got the VIN number.

Was easy after that. Sent a pick and VIN to Nissan and half an hour got the code mailed back to me.

So it is sorted. Not a high end radio like the one I took out, but it can do the job till I have money for a Nav unit

• 1 month later...

Ermmm, anyone know a place around joburg where they can replace sagging roof liner of my Tazz?

My wife's Tazz was done at Mccarthy Auto Trimmers. Mine is going next. R1100.00. They have a mobile unit in JHB.

That is for replacing the lining. The foam between the material and plastic perishes and is sags. You could use some spray glue and glue it straight onto the stiffener but it looks crap in my opinion.

Edited by gazzacpt

My wife's Tazz was done at Mccarthy Auto Trimmers. Mine is going next. R1100.00. They have a mobile unit in JHB.

That is for replacing the lining. The foam between the material and plastic perishes and is sags. You could use some spray glue and glue it straight onto the stiffener but it looks crap in my opinion.

I tried that with my wife's Audi. Cost me a day to get it out and back in again and a tin of Contact Spray Adhesive. Didn't work. Problem is that the old foam needs to be removed or it doesn't stick. Ended up taking it out again and going to a trimmer and they did it for me. Next time they will be taking it out and refitting it as well. It's a k@k job and they would only have charged an extra R200 to do it.

Thanks. Will give them a call. I would rather leave the job to the experts   :thumbup:

Edited by Mokgaga

If you DIY roof liners you have to buy new fabric, can't reuse the old as grebel pointed out.

It's quite a process so unless you've done before or have time to burn, its worth it to take it in to an auto trimmers to get redone.

Edited by Skylark

If you DIY roof liners you have to buy new fabric, can't reuse the old as grebel pointed out.

It's quite a process so unless you've done before or have time to burn, its worth it to take it in to an auto trimmers to get redone.

I'm quite a handy chap and DIY almost everything.

This roof lining thing though is a PITA.

The amount of time it takes me to get the thing out then cleaning the old crap off, getting the foam backed material stuck on straight and evenly stretched and then the worst part, installing the thing without getting dirty marks on it.

No thanks the pro's can handle this crap. I have done 1 ever, on a MK3 golf. It's likely my first and last. The material cost was 70% of what the auto trimmers charge so yeah, that stuff goes straight off to them.

Slight Highjack - Have two Silver Toyota Tazz cars for sale if anyone is interested. One is 1999 with just over 200 000km and the other is a 2004 with 204000 kms. Will provide all details if interested.