[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some friggen fast IL riders ...

they managed to get ahead of c batch on heidelberg road ...

but were passed pretty quickly and spat out the back ...

Cant remember when the catch happened tho on the route  ...  :P

Was a great race as always, just (as always) the lazy okes in the group who sit and do nothing make you work your ass off and then at the sprint you see them front row.

Great race! Sadly the C bunch suffered the same thing you just described. We were caught by D too early.

Well organised race. The [warning] markings on the road were great amd the smiley towards the finish was just something else! Well done Gerald and your team.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Gerald, well flippen done to you and your team.

Hands down one of the best organized races I have ever done.

From the parking, to the route marshals to the registrations, the full road closure on the last bit (great idea!!) I loved it.

Just a little sad that our junior wasn't called to the podium. No prize giving for U23 and Juniors. But good idea to give prizes to all the other groups.

Having said that, I am now truly over windy races!! Ma se hare!!

Edited by Patchelicious

Good ride, as always.

Thanks for having a decent amount of marshalls, for having a longer elite and vets race, and for adding a mtb event.

Also thanks for getting it right on mixing long and short routes (both races), without a real problem.

It's when you don't experience any problems, that you often don't realise how difficult it is to get it that far.

Great race! Sadly the C bunch suffered the same thing you just described. We were caught by D too early.

Well organised race. The [warning] markings on the road were great amd the smiley towards the finish was just something else! Well done Gerald and your team.

true that ,those guys from D caught up early. But I got dropped for the front of CL at about 50km's ... Those fast not steep enough climbs just kill me,especially with the wind in your face. To the guy from Al with his lady friend and a few cl riders that kept the 2nd group of us going Kudo's lad's. To those that sat there till we turned the cnr...whatever ????

And to Gerald and his team. Easy access when you arrive ,easy to leave,great marshaling ,plenty police ,road closure. Everything went like clockwork . Awesome event all the man hours paid of for sure. You guys are legends ????????????????

Just a side note : pse can we order no wind next year ????

Edited by Pikey

true that ,those guys from D caught up early. But I got dropped for the front of CL at about 50km's ... Those fast not steep enough climbs just kill me,especially with the wind in your face. To the guy from Al with his lady friend and a few cl riders that kept the 2nd group of us going Kudo's lad's. To those that sat there till we turned the cnr...whatever ????

And to Gerald and his team. Easy access when you arrive ,easy to leave,great marshaling ,plenty police ,road closure. Everything went like clockwork . Awesome event all the man hours paid of for sure. You guys are legends ????????????????

Just a side note : pse can we order no wind next year ????

I was in thay second bunch... Lime top written Team Xtreme, Lime Falke socks and a white helmet... riding a white Fondriest - black guy from Cape Town who just relocated here.

Yeah the guy with the lady did good there. They(the bunch he was in) just took a bit of time catching up to us. I was dying there with those pulls in front. Okes not wanting to work together. I almost got dropped again just before the last right turn.

Thank you to everyone who worked to get us home. I was hoping for a sub 3. Next year definitely. First race(and ride on my bike) in Jhb done and dusted...with smiles.

I was in thay second bunch... Lime top written Team Xtreme, Lime Falke socks and a white helmet... riding a white Fondriest - black guy from Cape Town who just relocated here.

Yeah the guy with the lady did good there. They(the bunch he was in) just took a bit of time catching up to us. I was dying there with those pulls in front. Okes not wanting to work together. I almost got dropped again just before the last right turn.

Thank you to everyone who worked to get us home. I was hoping for a sub 3. Next year definitely. First race(and ride on my bike) in Jhb done and dusted...with smiles.

He was super strong as was the guy from Vb ...I had a blue shirt on with neon yellow helmet & shoes on a Cannondale . Yea it was tough for sure. Well done dude ????

yeah was also part of CL that got blown apart a couple of times. Worked my butt off a few times to reconnect to group splits ahead bonus of which is pulling a couple of ladies back onto the groups also. Now who can complain about that??

Work is not always just done in the front guys. There is work done in the back also to keep the groups together and shielding on the windy side typically in todays crosswinds.

I had fun and although we just missed the sub 3 it was fun!!! Thanks to all the marshals and the guys and gals from Germiston Wheelers for a great event!!!

Work is not always just done in the front guys. There is work done in the back also to keep the groups together and shielding on the windy side typically in todays crosswinds.

!

True that ????