[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

Well done Gerald and team. everyone said what needs to be said already. looking forward to next year- Feb and Nov again? :thumbup:

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Gerald and team. everyone said what needs to be said already. looking forward to next year- Feb and Nov again? :thumbup:

November only.

Gerald, any news about the crash that happened in the BL group?

Poor chap in front of me and next to me fell hard OTB. Had to risk the oncoming traffic to avoid.

As usual, a tough race very well organised.

A big thanks to the guy on the motor bike looking after the bunch, warning traffic and keeping us safe. :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Gerald, any news about the crash that happened in the BL group?

Poor chap in front of me and next to me fell hard OTB. Had to risk the oncoming traffic to avoid.

As usual, a tough race very well organised.

A big thanks to the guy on the motor bike looking after the bunch, warning traffic and keeping us safe. :thumbup: :thumbup:

If it happened near the reserve , then what I heard, there was a taxi drifting across the road towards the bunch. Everyone took evasive action and a few went down.

If it happened near the reserve , then what I heard, there was a taxi drifting across the road towards the bunch. Everyone took evasive action and a few went down.

Fellow Hubber, BMWza went down in that crash. Caught up to him, his arm was a bit stuffed, he will have some details.

Honestly, I had to laugh at him, don't think he has ever had a race where he hasn't crashed or cramped....

Fellow Hubber, BMWza went down in that crash. Caught up to him, his arm was a bit stuffed, he will have some details.

Honestly, I had to laugh at him, don't think he has ever had a race where he hasn't crashed or cramped....

Hope he recovers soon. That fall will replay in my mind for a loooong time :eek:

Awesome race...I prefer the wind instead of heat.I was happy they gave us water on the go at waterpoints. ASG should learn from these guys. Can I expect to finish 94.7 at the same hours as this race?

No I don't think so, if there is NO wind during the 947

That is an instruction from CSA to combine the Juniors and Elites. U23 always race with Elites.

Gerald, the u18 and u23s ride with the elites but normally there are seperate podiums. Not a big deal, we were just dissapointed for our junior teammate.

Thanks for the well organised event.

The group was passing some of the recumbent cyclists so they were drifting to the right ,the pink taxi never slowed down or took evasive action ,just sped past at high speed .Total selfishness and disrespect for other road users