[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

Well done guys :clap: - both for a lekker, well organised event and getting rid of cheating c-nuts with an ego problem.

Just one thing - Is the guy's name Muhamed Hajjam (http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_person.aspx?PID=323969) or Mohammed Hajjid (http://germistonclassic.co.za/amended-results-vc-group/)

Also, I would suggest that racetec puts a big, fat DQ next to his name for the event instead of just removing the result from his profile

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done guys :clap: - both for a lekker, well organised event and getting rid of cheating c-nuts with an ego problem.

Just one thing - Is the guy's name Muhamed Hajjam (http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_person.aspx?PID=323969) or Mohammed Hajjid (http://germistonclassic.co.za/amended-results-vc-group/)

Also, I would suggest that racetec puts a big, fat DQ next to his name for the event instead of just removing the result from his profile

Hajjam is correct - my mistake. Corrected on the website post.

I think 4 of the 5 riders all confirming that he wasn't part of the group at the finish is all the evidence we need. We gave him an opportunity to present his ride data - with no response, so we assume his silence is admission of guilt. He even had the cheek to ask another rider to prove it.

The fact that he is a known cheat from other races and regions, is further proof.

Turning short is one thing, but claiming prize money, albeit R1100 for 3rd place, is what led us to the decision to impose the ban. 

Are you going to get the prize money back from him and give it to the rightful person who came 3rd?

I think 4 of the 5 riders all confirming that he wasn't part of the group at the finish is all the evidence we need. We gave him an opportunity to present his ride data - with no response, so we assume his silence is admission of guilt. He even had the cheek to ask another rider to prove it.

The fact that he is a known cheat from other races and regions, is further proof.

Turning short is one thing, but claiming prize money, albeit R1100 for 3rd place, is what led us to the decision to impose the ban. 

Is the 5th rider the guy that was in the background with the same kit in a photo posted a few pages back?

Looks like there is some history of suspect finishing times... may have been doing it for quite some time.

I bet there is many many more doing the same thing. I got given a racetec chip once and told to take it with...

So I took it with to registration and gave it back to racetec - incidently the person never came looking for their "spare" chip they "borrowed" me.

Are you going to get the prize money back from him and give it to the rightful person who came 3rd?

The short answer is No... but then if I tell you that we don't hand out cash at prize giving you will understand that this person never received any prize money. But he did submit a claim, despite not being in the prize giving photo.

We hand out a claim form, which needs to be completed (with banking details) and sent to us. We then verify the results and pay the prize winner within 5-7 days. Effective immediately, we will no longer hand out claim forms if the person is not present at prize giving, but contact them afterwards.

The results have been changed, and every person from 4th to 7th has been advised that they will move up a spot and get the correct prize.

Is the 5th rider the guy that was in the background with the same kit in a photo posted a few pages back?

Yes it is - Roberto from Panda.

The kit is similar, but not exactly the same.

Official results will be published on the website shortly. I think this is the worst post race week for me that I can remember - but queries need to be resolved.

18% of the this thread is about a serial cheat. *SMH*

Sorry Gerald! Great event, I normally miss it because the Feb race as it is always same weekend as Sabie.

Only complaint is the VC/Tandem mix up but I suspect the racing (or lack of racing) in VC had something to do with it. Before the hammer went down we were on a jolly hence the tandems catching us.

No more mats needed...Strava is your friend. Yes I know the response will be I'm not on Strava. It's free and it will identify cheats so why not use it?

I don't think that would work. It's it takes a bit of effort, but it's easy to provide fictitious data.

Pity you can't fine the club he is a member of......

Have already received a mail from the club concerned.

Edit: sorry - read it as FIND, not Fine.

They can't be held responsible for an individual's actions. But they can do something about it, which I'm sure they may do.

Edited by geraldm24