[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gerald.

I"m thinking not only to prevent this... but also think F1 cars, bikes etc. We cyclist is all about data, for us and the people that's having around the start, how awesome can it be to show what the standing were at 1/2 ways...

G

Racetec has plenty of matts, they time up to 4 events a weekend, its just the extra labour etc to lug it there, set it up and man the matt that costs the bux. 

The issue with the time splits is that it adds another point of error, which will costs time, which  then costs money. Not really worth it and everyone has strava.

Sorry Gerald! Great event, I normally miss it because the Feb race as it is always same weekend as Sabie.

Only complaint is the VC/Tandem mix up but I suspect the racing (or lack of racing) in VC had something to do with it. Before the hammer went down we were on a jolly hence the tandems catching us.

The average speed of the group was well below expected.

Not sure if the increased distance had anything to do with it.

As always, we address this and other issues and put corrective actions in for next year.

A extra pair of mats on that extra loop section would quickly have shown if he did the loop or not.

guys all the technical "it's difficult" etc can easily be solved.

as for car traffic, there is always a couple of left turns where the bikes take the slip way and cars are made to go right round the lights, easy to place mats on that corner.

there is always a solution where one is "wanted/needed"

if timing was just for ourself then we don't even need the mats, as you said, we all got strava, then just a camera at the end would be needed to show/resolve a split decision.

G

Edited by awesme

The extra loop they did is not the problem, but rather the 40km loop to Heidelberg and Nigel. Too easy to turn left after 48km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The average speed of the group was well below expected.

Not sure if the increased distance had anything to do with it.

As always, we address this and other issues and put corrective actions in for next year.

Maybe it was like the one stage of the Tour de France this year where everyone decided to cruise as it was further then they wanted it to be. . . At least they didn't stop for coffee

Edited by Jase619

A extra pair of mats on that extra loop section would quickly have shown if he did the loop or not.

guys all the technical "it's difficult" etc can easily be solved.

as for car traffic, there is always a couple of left turns where the bikes take the slip way and cars are made to go right round the lights, easy to place mats on that corner.

there is always a solution where one is "wanted/needed"

if timing was just for ourself then we don't even need the mats, as you said, we all got strava, then just a camera at the end would be needed to show/resolve a split decision.

G

It comes down to cost not ability, is it worth an extra R20k for a set of matts for one or two cheats that are easily spotted?

I'm in IT, enterprise systems/architecture etc... I know, 

but at times things are also allot easier once it's decided it's needed/has to be done than before.

G

And trust me when I say... what may seem easy to do, is not always practical.

And Amashova too.

His Shova finish is very fishy, considering he finished on his own in between the first and second bunch 59sec behind the first and 21sec in front of the second. I know a lot of the guys in the first bunch and they would have told him to bugger off had he tried to jump in on there break.

Have already received a mail from the club concerned.

Edit: sorry - read it as FIND, not Fine.

They can't be held responsible for an individual's actions. But they can do something about it, which I'm sure they may do.

Would be interesting to know the contents of that mail.

Let's get this thread back on track - we've dealt with the success and thanks, as well as the cheats. Please send us some areas for improvement.

• Full road closure is a dream, and it we can get this then it's a no brainer - we'll do it;
  • Vets 50+ being caught by the tandems (easy to fix, but let's hear it from the actual cyclists);
  • MTB route?
  • Costs - yes, we know it's high;
  • What else?

Let's get this thread back on track - we've dealt with the success and thanks, as well as the cheats. Please send us some areas for improvement.

• Full road closure is a dream, and it we can get this then it's a no brainer - we'll do it;
  • Vets 50+ being caught by the tandems (easy to fix, but let's hear it from the actual cyclists);
  • MTB route?
  • What else?
  • No wind

• MTB route?
  • What else?

I just look at the race/ event in a critical way and honestly I cant find any fault or aspect that I think needs improvement.

Once again, congrats and a big thank you to you and your team for an awesome event. See you again next year.

<p>

• MTB route?
  • What else?

Less wind.

Adding some technical terrain into the 60km mtb route (if you can find some in the area) could only make it better.