Things I've found on the trail

Sp!ke

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a mate who, years back, proceeded to throw his bike into the bush at a babbas race. He had his second puncture about 4kms in and just had enough... chucked the bike and walked back.

I always read these threads waiting for someone to say that they once picked up a mountain bike at a mountain bike race, but alas.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I found a full size dinnerplate in the trail. Could not miss it and lost my back wheel. Had to carry Sandy 4km due to that strategically placed dinner plare.

I have a mate who, years back, proceeded to throw his bike into the bush at a babbas race. He had his second puncture about 4kms in and just had enough... chucked the bike and walked back.

I always read these threads waiting for someone to say that they once picked up a mountain bike at a mountain bike race, but alas.

Seriously? And he didn't go back to retrieve it? 

Coolest thing I ever saw was in the hills of Mankele. My brother-in-law and me were climbing up to the towers and as we came around the corner there was a mom jackal and her 3 cubs. There were jogging in front of us for a very long time stopping often to see if we were still there as if they were waiting for us. They were super awesome. Eventually the hills got to steep for us and we couldn't keep up with them but it was a brilliant sighting.

Seriously? And he didn't go back to retrieve it?

Nope. It was a cheapie, but still.

Stoke, peace, hapiness, motivation, resolution.......... There is so much to find on the trail.

Awesome stories thanks.

I have also bumped into some interesting living beings, humans and strange sightings. Mostly though I find quietness, joy, inspiration and my soul.

Please someone find that camel pic from Reitvlei :clap:

Not sure which one you refer to but this is from Rietvlei Zoo Farm a while ago .....

d8a671b01c379e8474823537ac628425.jpg

Found this 'dancing cow' in the path ..... Best thing it had good batteries and worked! Some parent may have tossed it out on purpose as it had an irritating electronic tune it played all the time [emoji15]

074007b64eae9a68a6ddff5746fd3459.jpg

Damn Bennie, if you hadn't taken pics, I would have said try one teaspoon less of Cytomax in your borrels.. ..

Joggers and Jessica Fletcher...someone was always murdered when she was around...

attachicon.gifs01e01-trench-and-bike.jpg

Always said that if she would come and visit, I would pack my bags and get out of there asap.

Murder she wrote indeed, that auntie helped me fiill a few pages in my 'book of souls'........ [emoji48] [emoji6]

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

Archived