[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Ach, we'll see. I'm not interested in setting any records, just having a fun day out. And any day on a bike is a fun day, right?!

SE usually blows from early, may die down later but not always and is mostly a hot wind. Also stonger than SW.

SW usually comes up later (towards midday) and is cooler.

Why is SE worse than SW?

Gusts. And usually stronger.

BTW, prediction is getting milder. Might not be so bad after all. My hat is in danger again. Sigh.  :blush:

Edited by Moridin

?

Does anyone offhand know the procedure for collection of my race pack by someone else...(arriving CTN late Sat after long flight....)?

?

Does anyone offhand know the procedure for collection of my race pack by someone else...(arriving CTN late Sat after long flight....)?

what group you riding in?

ok. i think you just write a letter giving her permission. also give her your ride number gadget thingy that you need to get in.

?

As Slow one said. Letter of permission (not that the even look at it) and your Racetec chip, which is your "access card" to the Expo.

Chip will be scanned, racepack will be collected from table and handed over, and off she goes. 

As Slow one said. Letter of permission (not that the even look at it) and your Racetec chip, which is your "access card" to the Expo.

Chip will be scanned, racepack will be collected from table and handed over, and off she goes. 

Cool, thanks!

6J...my daughter is also riding and I want her to pick up my pack....

ok. i think you just write a letter giving her permission. also give her your ride number gadget thingy that you need to get in.

From my experience just turn up and ask for the relevant number. I have never had a problem collecting multiple packs on behalf of my one mate.

They do make a fuss about procedure but, hey, this is Africa and no one adheres to procedures if you smile and ask nicely. Guess I'll find out on Thursday morning.

This will be my first cycle tour, any advice/tips/warnings ? 

Same boat as Mike89, it is my first CTCT.

Assume it is like most of the races in the early seeded groups?

You try to hang on as long as possible with the front guys, stay out of the wind where possible, until you get popped on a climb. Then you make sure you link up with fellow riders to combat the wind until you see the finish.

Two decent climbs towards the end of the coarse, so you leave a couple of matches to make sure you ride them out?

O ja, enjoy the scenery and "wildlife" 

Edited by Rookie85