[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A little fun in the lead up to Cycle Tour - We asked the Savage wives what they actually think of all our riding... 

http://teampuresavage.blogspot.co.za/2017/03/savage-wives-drop-hammer.html

attachicon.gif3 years.jpg

Let us know what your other 1/2's would have to say!

(Apologies for Nardus picking his nose in the photo)

And that may be Mrs Savage 7 months pregnant running the support vehicle at the DC :P

Hi everyone,

Please can I get some advice?....not sure if this was covered before.

This is my first CTCC and my family wants to support me on the route, where do you think is the best place for them to stand? (a nice vibe area with nice views of the cyclists and where I can pull off to greet them). Some additional info if at some spectator areas the vibe die down at a certain time of day: I only start at 9:10 and hope to get a sub 5.

Thanks a lot.

Hi everyone,

This is my first CTCC and my family wants to support me on the route, where do you think is the best place for them to stand? (a nice vibe area with nice views of the cyclists and where I can pull off to greet them). Some additional info if at some spectator areas the vibe die down at a certain time of day: I only start at 9:10 and hope to get a sub 5.

Thanks a lot.

Probably easiest for them to get to Edinburgh drive and watch on the climb.

Then it's easy to get to town.

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot.

Edinburgh Drive about 23 minutes after your start time and then they can drive across to Hout Bay and get on Suikerbossie around 1:20 to see you really suffering.

I watched the race for 5 years while sulking about my 2006 attempt on Suikerbossie from the pro batch until about 2pm. Sadist's paradise is just at the 2nd pedestrian crossing 1.1km from the bottom as it levels out to 5% from 7%. Still 800m to the top.

This is the slowest section and the place you see the most agonising cramp attacks. All while flipping the bacon and eggs on the skottle.

(Apologies for Nardus picking his nose in the photo)

And that may be Mrs Savage 7 months pregnant running the support vehicle at the DC :P

Nardus either dented the Pure Savage Brand there hey

Or boosted it with that snot rocket move

Cool pics

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot.

Anywhere with a gradient

Suikerbossie or Wynberg Hill

@Halfdoesyn,

A bit of rain but not so much wind! Don't know which I prefer, I'm so sick of rain already

Chill.

Today's Sunday forecast is materially different from yesterday's Sunday forecast and it will change another 4 times before Friday.

Check out the YR interactive maps showing how weak the systems really are: http://www.yr.no/kart/#lat=-34.01027&lon=18.34318&zoom=7&laga=bakgrunn&baseid=PunktUtlandet%3A3364518&proj=900913

Seeing that driving from Okavango to the city is a PITA, my guess is it will be even worse Sunday morning. Right?

not much traffic in my experience

Are you Italian or World Champion? If the answer is no to those 2 questions then you are not allowed to wear white.

I'm World Champion

(in my head) :huh:

Edinburgh Drive about 23 minutes after your start time and then they can drive across to Hout Bay and get on Suikerbossie around 1:20 to see you really suffering.

I watched the race for 5 years while sulking about my 2006 attempt on Suikerbossie from the pro batch until about 2pm. Sadist's paradise is just at the 2nd pedestrian crossing 1.1km from the bottom as it levels out to 5% from 7%. Still 800m to the top.

This is the slowest section and the place you see the most agonising cramp attacks. All while flipping the bacon and eggs on the skottle.

Thanks, that is great advice. I will let them do exactly that.