[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Edinburgh Drive about 23 minutes after your start time and then they can drive across to Hout Bay and get on Suikerbossie around 1:20 to see you really suffering.

I watched the race for 5 years while sulking about my 2006 attempt on Suikerbossie from the pro batch until about 2pm. Sadist's paradise is just at the 2nd pedestrian crossing 1.1km from the bottom as it levels out to 5% from 7%. Still 800m to the top.

This is the slowest section and the place you see the most agonising cramp attacks. All while flipping the bacon and eggs on the skottle.

lol, so you must have seen me a few times, that is actually my favorite cramp spot. the guy with the hose cools me down some what, to help me get to the top

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the dangerous wind areas on the route for people with deep sections wheels? I have heard about the camps bay decent - anywhere else?

I bought a set this last year and this will be my first year doing the argus with the better quality wheels.

Edited by Barker

Where are the dangerous wind areas on the route for people with deep sections wheels? I have heard about the camps bay decent - anywhere else?

I bought a set this last year and this will be my first year doing the argus with the better quality wheels.

Descending from Chapman's Peak

And descending after Suikerbossie

:excl:  :excl:  :excl:

Hi everyone,

Please can I get some advice?....not sure if this was covered before.

This is my first CTCC and my family wants to support me on the route, where do you think is the best place for them to stand? (a nice vibe area with nice views of the cyclists and where I can pull off to greet them). Some additional info if at some spectator areas the vibe die down at a certain time of day: I only start at 9:10 and hope to get a sub 5.

Thanks a lot.

Fish Hoek Circle and Sun Valley

Don't want rain on my white shorts and ballerina shoes  :eek:

Are you Italian or World Champion? If the answer is no to those 2 questions then you are not allowed to wear white.

Or is hung like Tom D the 3rd exception?

post-35786-0-91283700-1488786800_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

Please can I get some advice?....not sure if this was covered before.

This is my first CTCC and my family wants to support me on the route, where do you think is the best place for them to stand? (a nice vibe area with nice views of the cyclists and where I can pull off to greet them). Some additional info if at some spectator areas the vibe die down at a certain time of day: I only start at 9:10 and hope to get a sub 5.

Thanks a

Where will they be staying? Remembering that the route is closed before the race starts, depending where they stay their options will be limited due to road closures. We stay in fish hoek and my mom drops us off at the start(or we take the train) and then she drives back along the route to end of the blue route. After we come through she goes over ou kaapse and checks us by sun valley/noordehoek. Then she goes back to fish hoek and we ride home after the race.

So, people aiming for a sub 3 (and possible (depending on weather / wind  / rain / heat ) second lap :whistling: ) :

How much riding will you be doing in this final week?

Where will they be staying? Remembering that the route is closed before the race starts, depending where they stay their options will be limited due to road closures. We stay in fish hoek and my mom drops us off at the start(or we take the train) and then she drives back along the route to end of the blue route. After we come through she goes over ou kaapse and checks us by sun valley/noordehoek. Then she goes back to fish hoek and we ride home after the race.

Thanks for the advice. They will be staying in Newlands, so from the looks of things, they will be boxed in by the route (from my limited knowledge of the route). That is why I think Carbon29er's advice of Edinburgh drive and then over to Suikerbossie sounds good. What is your thoughts?

lol, so you must have seen me a few times, that is actually my favorite cramp spot. the guy with the hose cools me down some what, to help me get to the top

#nohosesthisyear

Thanks for the advice. They will be staying in Newlands, so from the looks of things, they will be boxed in by the route (from my limited knowledge of the route). That is why I think Carbon29er's advice of Edinburgh drive and then over to Suikerbossie sounds good. What is your thoughts?

Can't go wrong with that advise. And like you said you want to pull over and have a chat. Both brilliant spots for that. Your breakfast and lunch is sorted. Organise them to have a COLD *bottle on suikerbossie for the last stretch to the finish. Going to be warm up there.

*said bottle so you are not restricted to energy drink.

So, people aiming for a sub 3 (and possible (depending on weather / wind  / rain / heat ) second lap :whistling: ) :

How much riding will you be doing in this final week?

TSS of about 300.  100km-150km in total for the week. (Before the Argus)