[Event] 2017 Cape Town Cycle Tour - Argus

Bianchisti

Just a quick questions, i am sitting out my first argus in probably 6 years. (not that i didn't complete all of them but thats another story) and i was planning on watching this on my couch at home but for the life of me i cannot find where they are broadcasting it. Am i missing something because the only thing i find is supersport showing highlights the evening at 9pm?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you have fun! Forget about the clock. Talk to people. Cheer the spectators back! Stop for water, a banana and Bar Ones. Maybe even a massage. Help someone with a broken bike. If a semi-drunk guy near Scarborough offers you a boerie, don't decline.  Drink in the vibe. In general behave like an 8 year old would! Definitely have a beer afterwards, unless you take the 8 year old idea too far. ;)  :D  

Jip.

Best idea here.

I once had 2 beers.  On the bike.  From the bottom of Suikerbossie and before the top. 

On a tandem.

On lap 2

The downhill was a BLAST!  :whistling:  :thumbup:

Friends and family out in force supporting the riders way back in about 2011 halfway up Suikerbossie at our braai spot.  What a jol it was. I used to pack the trailer and go park it on Saturday night with all the provisions.

Unashamedly I used to wear an Epic finishers shirt just to show I could ride a bikeattachicon.gif

attachicon.gifDSC_0122 (Small).JPG

This is the exact reason why I convinced my better halve to do the Argus just this once- to experience THIS.

MASSIVE thanks and kudo's to those who do this for us bike-trappers - it makes this event AWESOME!!!!!

Interesting App, would like to see that mapping going through the variations for the next couple of days.

It is probably based on a single rider, not a peloton having to deal with crosswinds etc?

The Strava segment is matched with Weather predictions. You can select when you want to go 'ride' the argus segment. ...but we all know come Sunday morning it is going to POMP!

Windguru turning slightly more optimistic w.r.t. wind, but Africaweather says it's gonna howl.

Ja but only later.

Edit. Ok. cancel that.

Edited by Duane_Bosch