The Home Improvement Thread

dev  null

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest notmyname

Insulating my roof this weekend with that green stuff. Friend of a dudes, mates, uncles bla bla is supplying it at cost. Just have to do the install. The friend of a dude has also offered me one of his guys(a pro) at a day rate to help.

Insulation ✔

Next on the list is raise the patio 30cm, tile and build braai.

Edited by *neilneilneilneilneil*

So this morning I woke up and decided that "Die is 'n pot snot, ek kannie so sukkel nie."

So I paid Apple a visit and bought myself a Boschhammer SDS-Plus drill for R2900.

Each hole now take me 10 seconds compared to 4 minutes yesterday.  Could not be happier. Money well spent.  :clap:

Edited by Moridin

Insulating my roof this weekend with that green stuff. Friend of a dudes, mates, uncles bla bla is supplying it at cost. Just have to do the install. The friend of a dude has also offered me one of his guys(a pro) at a day rate to help.

Insulation ✔

Next on the list is raise the patio 30cm, tile and build braai.

I have to do that as well later this year as well

Will braai be indoors? Under cover?

BTW, I also need to get that green insulation stuff. What is the best way to cut it?

That was my problem as well. I then went the insulation that gets sprayed into the ceiling. I took the thickest option. It is well worth it. The house is coolish in summer and warmish in winter. 

So this morning I woke up and decided that "Die is 'n pot snot, ek kannie so sukkel nie."

So I paid Apple a visit and bought myself a Boschhammer SDS-Plus drill for R2900.

Each hole now take me 10 seconds compared to 4 minutes yesterday.  Could not be happier. Money well spent.  :clap:

Should have bought the Hilti..... when you have used one you won't go back..... converts concrete to butter... :)

Should have bought the Hilti..... when you have used one you won't go back..... converts concrete to butter... :)

For my next bonus. This one is all used up, which happens when you buy a new MTB, some Festool goodies and a new Bosch mitre saw. #WhereDidMyMoneyGo

BTW, I also need to get that green insulation stuff. What is the best way to cut it?

2 long boards you clamp together to compress it and a box cutter

Details on the green stuff you are referring to, please?

Guest notmyname

I have to do that as well later this year as well

Will braai be indoors? Under cover?

Udercover of the patio with chimney. When the clams have rejuvenated I want to do those canvas drop down jobs on three sides so in winter a mushroom heater will make it lekker toasty.

Isotherm.

Cool - thanks.

I got a quote from them last year - but have been pfaffing ever since. Time to do it now before summer hits us.

Guest notmyname

I'm using the "Pro" worker option. Will let you know asap.

@Moridin re damp proofing. I am with Grumpy as I have had quite a few requests to assess damp issues and being conservative, always recommended the "probeer weer" route.  But one guy had a problem similar to yours and I did have reasonable dealings with Flick so put him onto them; no professional recommendation.  He reported back that they had injected magic muthi in the walls and possibly floor, but that it had worked well; very well. He was a fussy old bugger but ended up happy.

Some of the magic muthi's are magic. The stuff to seal reservoirs literally hardens in the water stream (well, trickle) and blocks the leak (not good if the structure is reinforced of course).