MTB, the way it was!

Spokey

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearing out my shed, I came across this. This was the "mutts nuts" back in the UK around 1989! I am glad that the sport has progressed somewhat! image.jpg

I will post some pics of my newly restomodded Cannondale SM700 in a good natural habitat of Niottingham Road. Rides like a dream despite being 1988 model. Thumbs up to Fixer for keeping her safe all these years and to Josh and Mdu for a bit of Spannering where my skills were lacking.

Guest notmyname

I will post some pics of my newly restomodded Cannondale SM700 in a good natural habitat of Niottingham Road. Rides like a dream despite being 1988 model. Thumbs up to Fixer for keeping her safe all these years and to Josh and Mdu for a bit of Spannering where my skills were lacking.

Do it! Do it now!!!

Clearing out my shed, I came across this. This was the "mutts nuts" back in the UK around 1989! I am glad that the sport has progressed somewhat!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Still looks cool...

Miss my youthfullness and recovery ability ...don't miss the carpel-tunnell..from my first rigid not even a front sus....man i could bounce in those days

The pics??? I would like to see that SM700, I really liked (still do) the welding on those Cannondale frames, artwork to me!

The pics??? I would like to see that SM700, I really liked (still do) the welding on those Cannondale frames, artwork to me!

There you go....proof always in pics.  This was on a ride two weekends ago in the southern Drakensburg

post-4615-0-38163100-1471413301_thumb.jpg

post-61473-0-65457300-1471416059_thumb.jpg

Not a good photo, but I got this pre-2000s Cannondale M500 that is now my commuter. Really like this bike.

It is in the process of being cleaned up. I want to get rid of the stickers, but not sure how to without damaging the paintwork.

Edited by Belgarath

I had a Cannondale M500 with a Girvin flexstem with Curve cantilever brakes that took about 2 hours per wheel to set up to get a good bite...

I remember the craze of everyone going from 7 to 8 speed and having to replace everyone's freehub bodies on their wheels to do so.

Oh yes and the Gripshift (long before Sram bought them out) Xray 400 shifters that you had to disassemble to change the cables on...