A vertical shock is better...

Serious Panda

It was interesting watching that video...like Myles has said, there is much much more to it all...in the video, watch the different brake calipers move in relation to the brake discs - the more it moves, the more "kickback" (suspension stiffening against the brake forces) you'll have when braking.

The other interesting aspect is how much the rear derailleur moves when cycling the suspension, again the more it moves the more pedal kick back you may feel as this means the chain "grows" when the suspension moves...

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was interesting watching that video...like Myles has said, there is much much more to it all...in the video, watch the different brake calipers move in relation to the brake discs - the more it moves, the more "kickback" (suspension stiffening against the brake forces) you'll have when braking.

The other interesting aspect is how much the rear derailleur moves when cycling the suspension, again the more it moves the more pedal kick back you may feel as this means the chain "grows" when the suspension moves...

Lots of moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyx4v1QFzhQ

I got the moves like Jagger :whistling:

That would be funny if it wasnt for the fact that the biggest douche on the planet sings that song! And before you argue, he is the biggest douche, the science tests have proven so many many times!

In fact, your post just reminded me of him and now you have ruined my day!

;)

That would be funny if it wasnt for the fact that the biggest douche on the planet sings that song! And before you argue, he is the biggest douche, the science tests have proven so many many times!

In fact, your post just reminded me of him and now you have ruined my day!

;)

No argument there bud, I share the same feeling...it just popped into my head...sorry for ruining your day.... :thumbup:

OP, how did the Gold medalist go today on her inferior set up?

Vertical shock = check

650b = check

Gold medal = check

OP, how did the Gold medalist go today on her inferior set up?

4deb30c846b88fc75c3dc0cb23e859a2.jpg

Unless I read the whole thread wrong, you might need some help to get the foot out of your mouth.

This ticks all the OP's boxes, vertical shock, one less pivot in the rear triangle.

It's as if he read the Scott and "German" Gorilla PR material and decided that it is gospel.

All I know is, the OP probably isn't an engineer. He obviously does not understand linkages, leverage ratios, and how the whole package needs to come together. He keeps on harping on about shock forces and how they need room go into the most reinforced part of the frame, but I don't think he understands tube profiles and how moulding it into different shapes and thicknesses can handle the forces he describes.

My guess is, he hasn't ridden half of the bikes he dismisses, or he doesn't have the know how to differentiate between how the different designs feels.

Archived