Riding at Suikerbosrand?

Matuka

Thanks guys. Heard so much of it and from KZN so don't know it to well. This week and next will try it out.

GTA all the way Delgado. Can't beat the sound.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Heard so much of it and from KZN so don't know it to well. This week and next will try it out.

GTA all the way Delgado. Can't beat the sound.

Forza Alfisti.....

Morning all... just wondering... stopped and helped a rider who crashed on Friday down the hill 14km into SBR... was riding a Merida. Sorry cant remember his name..... if anyone knows him or off the crash, just checking to see if he's ok.... was pretty much bashed up..... those downhills at pace can be hectic..... not to mention the barrier the poor guy hit.

​Hope he's ok.

Morning all... just wondering... stopped and helped a rider who crashed on Friday down the hill 14km into SBR... was riding a Merida. Sorry cant remember his name..... if anyone knows him or off the crash, just checking to see if he's ok.... was pretty much bashed up..... those downhills at pace can be hectic..... not to mention the barrier the poor guy hit.

​Hope he's ok.

Sadly, that drop-off catches a lot of people out......

Sadly, that drop-off catches a lot of people out......

I was a victim last year October on that hill. Shoulder is screwed after doing the scorpion into the rocks

​Hope he's ok.

He is a friend of mine. Was his first time riding SBR. 

He tore all the muscles in his leg where he hit the barrier. 

Other than that seems to be okay and in good spirits. 

He is a friend of mine. Was his first time riding SBR. 

He tore all the muscles in his leg where he hit the barrier. 

Other than that seems to be okay and in good spirits. 

Sorry to hear about the accident...I'm glad he's ok, but not nice to end the ride that way.

I came off the 2nd corner on that downhill and decided to take my chances at 40km/hr over the bars into the bushes. I was very fortunate to get away with a few scratches and a burst tyre. Took us a while to find the camera I knocked off the bars... 

Need to be very careful there! But so much fun at speed!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about the accident...I'm glad he's ok, but not nice to end the ride that way.

I came off the 2nd corner on that downhill and decided to take my chances at 40km/hr over the bars into the bushes. I was very fortunate to get away with a few scratches and a burst tyre. Took us a while to find the camera I knocked off the bars... 

Need to be very careful there! But so much fun at speed!

That camera must have had some exciting footage! 

That camera must have had some exciting footage! 

Every time I watch it, it gives me the shivers...my bum bites the seat now when I take that corner. SBR demands respect in many ways :blush:

Rode SBR for the first time this morning. What a amazing place! Breathtaking surroundings and views. Nice and tough. Loved the climbs. A good workout. I'll make sure to be back shortly with a few others as the Cradle gets a bit much week after week and we'll do 2 laps to shut the big mouths up.

Every time I watch it, it gives me the shivers...my bum bites the seat now when I take that corner. SBR demands respect in many ways :blush:

Which corner was it? Post the vid?

Which corner was it? Post the vid?

The 2nd corner after the drop.

Video is challenging for me to upload :blush:

It kinda went like this after my back wheel started to slide...

post-47220-0-60977900-1484557048_thumb.jpg

post-47220-0-78570500-1484557050_thumb.jpg

post-47220-0-78208200-1484557051_thumb.jpg

post-47220-0-70394600-1484557052_thumb.jpg

post-47220-0-74375700-1484557053_thumb.jpg

post-47220-0-98313500-1484557055_thumb.jpg

post-47220-0-56220200-1484557057_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grey Hubs

So on Thursday i took my bike to SBR for the first time. Was so excited and nervous at the same time as i didn't know what to expect. 

Got to the Kareekloof gate and was told to drive 24kms to the picnic site. Passed a couple of riders climbing up the hill while i was entering the small loop. Unpacked my bike, got dressed up and off i went, nope make that U Turn and back to the car without leaving the parking lot  :cursing:

I had made the most basic rookie of errors, The previous day i took my bike in to the LBS to put new gear cables and to set the gears, and never tested it. Right now both my tyres are flat and my rear derailer is only shifting up 7 of the 10 cassette rings. 

So all dressed  up with no hills to climb i took my bike back home, inflated the tyres and put her on the trainer for an hour while getting rid of my frustrations.

Jeez. That's a big bummer.

Its really an amazing place. Beats the pants off the Cradle anyday

I saw there were State Veterinary vehicles there yesterday and a mobile abattoir truck..

A culling of something perhaps?