Race for Victory 2016 - hubbers

NotSoBigBen

The Germiston Wheelers Red Train will do their annual stint in AL.  We will be about 6-7 strong.  How strong we will be in the race is to be seen!! Winter was looong!

See you there!

I'll be the guy in the back trying to just hang on - not wheelsucking - there is a difference :P

Starting in C batch...the suffering would be the same...as also would the "just hang on" bit, just in a different group  :ph34r:  LOL

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting in C batch...the suffering would be the same...as also would the "just hang on" bit, just in a different group  :ph34r:  LOL

I believe the quote says:

The suffering never stops or gets better - you just go faster

The real question is whether a select few will brave an attack attempt a break off the front of AL...

Edited by s14phoenix

I have an entry if some one wants to take it over? Still recovering from pneumonia and sitting this one out.

I believe the quote says:

The suffering never stops or gets better - you just go faster

The real question is whether a select few will brave an attack attempt a break off the front of AL...

It depends on the wind...strong wind, maybe not...fair wind...you might be in for a chase, or be part of the break yes.

Been off the whole week recovering from cold so dropping back to shorter distance, that way i'll be guaranteed there will still be boerrie rolls and beer left when I get back. 

Edited by scotty

Been of the whole week recovering from cold so dropping back to shorter distance, that way i'll be guaranteed there will still be boerrie rolls and beer left when I get back. 

Tell me about it... I had a very light cold end of last week still not 100% - maybe 90% so hope that's enough to just hang on

Weather is looking GOOD for Sunday. Nice and warm with little to no wind to really worry about!

SSsssssssshhhh you'll ruin it...

For the licenced riders,

I entered today and I have been off the bike for close to 2 weeks due to sickness. So I only wanted to ride the 110 not the 150.

Now the guy says I have to ride with the elite as that is where I am licensed and am never allowed to ride open seeded.

Is this true as per CSA rules?

For the licenced riders,

I entered today and I have been off the bike for close to 2 weeks due to sickness. So I only wanted to ride the 110 not the 150.

Now the guy says I have to ride with the elite as that is where I am licensed and am never allowed to ride open seeded.

Is this true as per CSA rules?

Frosty might be able to assist with this question (MacSteel Carnival City race organiser) 

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum/user/1372-frosty/

It depends on the wind...strong wind, maybe not...fair wind...you might be in for a chase, or be part of the break yes.

I beg to differ.

Strong winds mean more gutters and less place to hide in the bunch, hence the bunch splitting into pieces which suits riders going off the front.  Fair to no wind makes it very difficult to get away on a flat race.

I beg to differ.

Strong winds mean more gutters and less place to hide in the bunch, hence the bunch splitting into pieces which suits riders going off the front.  Fair to no wind makes it very difficult to get away on a flat race.

I see your point...myself not an expert and only ride in higher groups...LOL...for me it's just to hang on and complete the race...breakaways are not even in my armory, so not an expert in gutters and breaks, etc.  :thumbup:

Enjoy the race everybody...be safe...

Weather is looking GOOD for Sunday. Nice and warm with little to no wind to really worry about!

This is good news ..goal Sub-3!

Convinced me to get a late entry today

FL start... :clap:

Am now also considering it tmw. Weather looks good,typical coz I didn't enter . Has been unusually calm here for last few days and looks set to continue.

Looks like FL is all that's left. Mmmmm ????????