Race for Victory 2016 - hubbers

NotSoBigBen

That's actually a good question. So if you usually made say, B or C batch for the long, would you still seed B or C in the short or would you be in A? I would assume if you usually race long then you should jump a group or 2 when you go do the shorter distance.

Ja you usually move up a bit if i remember correctly

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends how many people are seeded in front of you. On most of these races - once the batch is full that's where the next one starts...

OOOOOOpppsie  

also missed registration if anyone has a number please drop me a PM 

or else its a very late entry and a very early morning there  :oops:

OOOOOOpppsie  

also missed registration :

Me to ...on purpose. The wind has been calmish round here for the last week or so with only really 2/3 days or so of proper horrible wind

Maybe you get lucky the race gets lucky this year ????

Me to ...on purpose. The wind has been calmish round here for the last week or so with only really 2/3 days or so of proper horrible wind

Maybe you get lucky the race gets lucky this year

The wind is always an issue in that corner of the woods...I can remember 2014 (my worst day out on a bike and NOT fun on your own)  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

Hope to have a better day out on Sunday  :thumbup:  have not done this race since 2015.

The wind is always an issue in that corner of the woods...I can remember 2014 (my worst day out on a bike and NOT fun on your own)  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

Hope to have a better day out on Sunday  :thumbup:  have not done this race since 2015.

not fun alone that's for sure...did a solo ride Saturday and the wind wasn't pleasant to say the least.

Thanks.

Soooooooooo if this race can do it then why can't the others.........................?

Kudos R4V organisers.

Umm... You've forgotten about another race that's been doing it for many years.

#generalising

**post written with a smile**

not fun alone that's for sure...did a solo ride Saturday and the wind wasn't pleasant to say the least.

I think I should take my normal and deep section wheels and decide in the morning when I get there on which pair will be best for the day. I need to do well in this race to improve my 947 seeding.

I think I should take my normal and deep section wheels and decide in the morning when I get there on which pair will be best for the day. I need to do well in this race to improve my 947 seeding.

Good idea...if it blows like it did 2 weds ago you won't want deep at all.

Decided to do a late entry. Concussion and cracked forearm healed well after CANSA crash. Sadly the boep is also growing well.

It will be long day from the back in the wind....

Doing the road 110km on Sunday. Seeded in AL. 07h40 start

At least it wont be cold..

Should be all over by 11 at the very latest.

The Germiston Wheelers Red Train will do their annual stint in AL.  We will be about 6-7 strong.  How strong we will be in the race is to be seen!! Winter was looong!

See you there!

Went to fetch my race number at Cycle Lab yesterday, never had such a good race pack since I started cycling 3 years ago. Big up to the R4V race organizers.

The Germiston Wheelers Red Train will do their annual stint in AL.  We will be about 6-7 strong.  How strong we will be in the race is to be seen!! Winter was looong!

See you there!

I'll be the guy in the back trying to just hang on - not wheelsucking - there is a difference :P

Safe racing gents !!

would have liked to be there but been away for too many weekends so not ready for all the suffering.