Race for Victory 2016 - hubbers

NotSoBigBen

I see a number of elites were turned away before the reserve as they were too far back, more DNF's than actual finishers. 

Is that a good or a bad thing? 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a good or a bad thing? 

Neither - it's a different race distance for them. Lots of tactical racing by teams to get their riders into a break. Once in the reserve, anyone off the break might as well ride back to the finish, as they return going the wrong way.

Hmm yeah then I don't know. We definitely knew about our DQ. The CSA lady warned us a few times and then came up next to us and said its over.

Send racetec a mail and find out. Let us know.

We never got the warning/s from the CSA official, or at least not that I heard but I have finally heard back from Racetec and it is as suspected:

Good day Clyde

Thank you for your email.

RaceTec was instructed by the officials to adjust the official race result for the VC group based on last rides official time for this group. See below request. Any queries must be addressed to the President Commissaire.

“Unsafe riding endangering themselves, constantly crossing the solid white line and staying there”.

Now to find another race to get a decent qualifying time as adding almost an hour to my time in this race didn't quite achieve the desired result.....

We never got the warning/s from the CSA official, or at least not that I heard but I have finally heard back from Racetec and it is as suspected:

Good day Clyde

Thank you for your email.

RaceTec was instructed by the officials to adjust the official race result for the VC group based on last rides official time for this group. See below request. Any queries must be addressed to the President Commissaire.

“Unsafe riding endangering themselves, constantly crossing the solid white line and staying there”.

Now to find another race to get a decent qualifying time as adding almost an hour to my time in this race didn't quite achieve the desired result.....

Flip that's not fair if you didn't hear anything from the CSA comm. 

When we got the DQ, one of my buddies hit gold. A few riders had been dropped by walkerville and were not part of the group when we got the DQ so racetec were told to DQ the main bunch. Now one of my buddies, who was still in the group got a puncture with about 5km to go and finished 10 min behind us. He never got DQ'd. Lucky bliksem.