You know cycling's in your blood when...

Hackster

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you still cycle after 37 years since you started and still want to do competatively although time to train is almost zero.

Sometimes I catch myself unweighting in my car seat as i come up to a speedbump and then making myself heavy on the other side ... trying to pump them.

When you finish your longest ever MTB race not quite stone last and two things happen -

1. You\re not p1ssed because you missed a turn and added 2 k to the ride because it means your strava shows more distance than anyone else's

2. You immediately start looking forward to the next one even though your legs, hips and eyeballs hurt.

You go to an open day for your niece's potential senior school and the bit you're most impressed by is the new spinning room.  Guess this is why British cycling is doing so well though.

post-41145-0-25217600-1475436094_thumb.jpg

When you finish your longest ever MTB race not quite stone last and two things happen -

1. You\re not p1ssed because you missed a turn and added 2 k to the ride because it means your strava shows more distance than anyone else's

2. You immediately start looking forward to the next one even though your legs, hips and eyeballs hurt.

Jip... Happened to me on Saturday at the Java 80km... Didn't see the route marker :oops:  and ended up doing 2km extra which was a bloody long climb :eek:  (which i had to climb back again after the decent on the other side, BUT i climb 180m more than anyone else)  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  and ja, I'm already looking forward to Saturday's sufferfest at Hemel & Aarde.

you try to find a way to tell your wife if your bike had a hole big enough to use she would be irrelivant :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :devil:

like warrafunk man

When you go for a quick errand on the bike and you can't understand why you can't clip in, then you look down and realize you're wearing normal shoes.

...you have brain fog at work for most of the week because of high-intensity training, especially during pre-season racing 

PJ-BW606_YAWN_G_20140818171151.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Neil Tovey came out of ICU after having had a heart attack while  out training on his bike and the 1st question was "Where is my bike?" and then asked for the TV channel to be changed to soccer.

Neil Tovey came out of ICU after having had a heart attack while  out training on his bike and the 1st question was "Where is my bike?" and then asked for the TV channel to be changed to soccer.

Serious?

Archived