You know cycling's in your blood when...

Hackster

When you still cycle after you are 40 and feel like you are 20

Until your knees start telling you to stop kidding yourself that you are still 16...and it might be time to retire the BMX... :blush:

...but not just yet...

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you try soooo hard at a family braai not to only talk about bicycles and everything related to cycling. But still fail miserably.

Well they ask how the cycling's going...so they must listen me tell them all about it :P

So true...

I decided to try and use my car as little as possible. So from end of May I've been commuting with the as far as possible... Have only filled my car up with petrol once, where I had to do it at least 3 times a month. But don't think commuting saves me money; I eat like a pig, and maintenance costs run up very quickly

That said I'd rather spend money on food (feed your body) and bike parts (feed your heart & soul) than on my car, which pollutes and you miss out on time in the saddle...

That said I'd rather spend money on food (feed your body) and bike parts (feed your heart & soul) than on my car, which pollutes and you miss out on time in the saddle...

You can put that **** on a T-shirt and sell it.

You can put that **** on a T-shirt and sell it.

That's how I justify the crazy expenses [emoji16] just dropped 2k on home gym equipment with not an ounce of buyers remorse as it's an investment in me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well they ask how the cycling's going...so they must listen me tell them all about it :P

People do this to me all the time. Its a little awkward because I'm not exactly sure how to answer it without alienating them but I also find endearing when people pretend to take an interest in things which which are close to my heart.

How's the mountain biking/surfing going? 

I usually hear it from people who aren't particularly passionate about something of their own either so it hard to return the favour. As if I'm from another planet and completely out of touch with current affairs, sport or anything else for that matter. 

..you're in your car in traffic and spot a bike on another car's bike rack. You speed up to take a closer look.

Absolutely!

I'm not complaining...

..you open your web browser on your cell phone, PC or tablet. www.bikehub.co.za is your homepage on all three devices.

When your main concern when buying a house is how close it is to your local trail.

true story

Or when you build a small pump track after they dug the trenches for your new house.

True story...

When your main concern when buying a house is how close it is to your local trail.

true story

^^^ this.

why do you think I live where I live...

People do this to me all the time. Its a little awkward because I'm not exactly sure how to answer it without alienating them but I also find endearing when people pretend to take an interest in things which which are close to my heart.

How's the mountain biking/surfing going? 

I usually hear it from people who aren't particularly passionate about something of their own either so it hard to return the favour. As if I'm from another planet and completely out of touch with current affairs, sport or anything else for that matter. 

I was talking to somebody last night and she said to me, "So what's going on in your head, besides cycling", to which I said, "Hey, there's nothing wrong with having cycling on the brain!"

When you own cycling related T-shirts and don't concern yourself over the price like you would over brand name clothing!

When anything cycling related brings down your stress levels because your lazy Chief Officer won't assist in a proper manner to getting you signed off!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Archived