[Event] The Bestmed Satellite Classic

Events Bot

Corrected - the last seeding event for this year's 947 was yesterday (Wilro).

But Eon is correct in that you can apply for a reseed (at a cost) and provide them with proof of results - at registration.

Though according to the website all reseeding applications must be in (and paid for) by 14 October so you wont be able to submit your results for this race as part of that application.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Though according to the website all reseeding applications must be in (and paid for) by 14 October so you wont be able to submit your results for this race as part of that application.

Yes, of course.

In previous years it was done at registration, so the new rules apply.

Have just entered, Three races left for the season to see if I will be taking racing License again next year, Bestmed, Carnival and 94.7 . Not feeling to fit and struggling with motivation more and more as age accumulates. So lets see what happens.

Will do a practice run this weekend just to familiarise myself with Hekpoort. Will only do the 80km route this weekend. 

Then an awesome breakfast at that restaurant at the Peacanwoord Centre. Anybody else going out there this weekend?

Last minute entry.

Gotta test the fitness before 947. Hope I can stick with a group this time and burn my matches at the right times. .

You should.

People will be nervous of Hekpoort, so it might not be flat box all the way to the climb. You should easily smash the bigger guys up the climb, then find a few guys to work with on the way to the finish.... ;)

You should.

People will be nervous of Hekpoort, so it might not be flat box all the way to the climb. You should easily smash the bigger guys up the climb, then find a few guys to work with on the way to the finish.... ;)

That would be the ideal situation! So I guess I'll take it as it comes and try to ride smarter this time, as compared to my dismal R4V ????

You should.

My 1st time also and also scared of Hekpoort but at least I know I am not a climber. Just going to have fun up Hekpoort. Maybe pop a wheeling or 2 going up. :ph34r:

LOL

My 1st time also and also scared of Hekpoort but at least I know I am not a climber. Just going to have fun up Hekpoort. Maybe pop a wheeling or 2 going up. :ph34r:

LOL

Maybe just to calm your nerves a bit, its better known as Hecticpoort :devil:.

Maybe just to calm your nerves a bit, its better known as Hecticpoort

Thanks nerves are calm now. At least its not called Hellpoort. So how bad can it be ....

Thanks nerves are calm now. At least its not called Hellpoort. So how bad can it be ....

It's actually not too bad, as long as you know the layout, you can manage your effort well. It's only really the left-hand bend, once the hill starts properly, that can cause some 'inner reflection'....

LOL

No need to pop a wheelie... its so steep, its like doing a wheelie the whole way up :eek:  :eek:

Seriously though, its no worse than any hill in JHB... just quite long. Very manageable

Edited by Paulst12