Cape Epic 2017 : Any Route Rumours?

Jocklaw

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is a nice plus if you are an "out of towner" as Welvanpas is awesome and riding the Epic gives you the opportunity to experience that trail.

As a local, meh, I can go ride it whenever I like - but that is true of just about every nice bit of the Epic nowadays. us Capetonians are just too spoiled...

It would take a lot to get tired of Welvan pas...

Hermanus/Caledon x 2 ; Greyton/Botriver x 2 ; Oak Valley x 2;  Boschendal . I think

That would be an awesome Epic, I hope you are correct!!

Eish, reading this makes me realize how little I know about the trails in Cape Town area. Seen it all on TV only. March will be my first taste (excluding 3 w2w) which is obviously not in the same stratosphere as the Epic.

Eish, reading this makes me realize how little I know about the trails in Cape Town area. Seen it all on TV only. March will be my first taste (excluding 3 w2w) which is obviously not in the same stratosphere as the Epic.

Dude... You won a world cup, united a nation and sold Lays... Epic will be a walk in the park

Pfff - rumors are rumors and nothing more :-)

Last year "everybody" was certain that the 100th stage will be a 100miler.

Nothing special about the #Epic100 except you could buy a T-shirt...  :thumbdown:

I reckon:

Prologue at Meerendal or maybe even Table mountain again.

2 days of Hermanus, 2 days of Greyton, 2 days of oak valley,

a transfer stage from oak valley to boschendal via franschoek pass

last stage is the race finish at Meerendal

All you need to know

You will bleed

You will walk

You will hate it, you will love it

It will be the "hardest"

It will be your "last one ever"

It will be the "most expensive"

ITS THE EPIC,,, never done it stories never changed,,, can't wait to watch it, can't wait to hear the stories ;)

Build a model in SSAS and forecast the probability of certain locations based on the history of the Epic, publish a nice self-service Power BI report on one of your external facing SP sites for the hubbers  ;)

All you need to know

You will bleed

You will walk

You will hate it, you will love it

It will be the "hardest"

It will be your "last one ever"

It will be the "most expensive"

ITS THE EPIC,,, never done it stories never changed,,, can't wait to watch it, can't wait to hear the stories ;)

Maybe you should come drive for us - just need to find a camper wagon...

Archived