Cradle Incident: Know this cyclist?

Mojoman

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that is how Hennie meant it, he was rather calling the other guy a chop...

Yeah - no offence taken at all :)

And the oke felt like such a chop when I told him to catch me, I laughed and told him he obviously couldn't.

You need cooling

Baby I'm not fooling....

Whoa there! When did I start overheating? Didn't take offence to what Hennie said - just said that I'm a wise guy!

And my request to Hennie was completely tongue in cheek!

Phew! Lots of tension this morning!

Whoa there! When did I start overheating? Didn't take offence to what Hennie said - just said that I'm a wiseguy!

Well, that went down like a big Led Balloon .......

Was it you, Hennie?

Nope. Way to far for me to travel but I must say after reading this tread it sounds like the Cradle is a marvelous place.  :whistling:

And my request to Hennie was completely tongue in cheek!

Phew! Lots of tension this morning!

Hahaha, no worries, thats how i read it  :thumbup:

I propose an experiment for everyone reading this thread and wondering about what effect a change in behaviour has when out on the bike.

For the next week, when you cycle do the following:

- Use hand signals whenever you are doing something on the road, so that motorists coming up behind you do not have to anticipate or guess what your actions are. In the situation that this whole event is based on, show that you are taking a lane outside of the yellow line when you want to overtake a slower cyclist so that cars approaching know what to do.

- When they and any car that overtakes you gives you space, Pick up your hand and give them a thumbs up! They are watching in the rear view mirror. With a little luck you'll get them to smile and with a lot of luck the next vehicle approaching you from behind will have seen the exchange and give you the same thing!

- Smile at people in cars where you have the opportunity to. Red lights are the bomb for this! They will realise you are HAVING FUN while riding and probably catch some of that fire in the moment of your brief interaction! This will have a profound affect on their next cyclist interaction!

- Start learning to trackstand so that each time you have to stop it's not a mission, but an opportunity to enhance the skill! (https://www.google.co.za/?gws_rd=ssl#tbm=vid&q=learn+to+track+stand)

Have a real go at this for a week and come back and tell us whether you notice any change on your rides! I dare you!

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/163219-behaviour-change-challenge-2016/

I see the "cyclist" in question is wearing a Scott helmet. Maybe  his anger  has been caused by their after sales service. Lets not judge too quickly people

So what if he did.

I always run from a fight. Some call it cowardice, I call it wisdom.

My old sensei used to say the same thing sort of - It's not important to win the fight- it's important to win the race....

What I don't understand about this is that it's now on news24 and at least one incident happened in a very public place where there were surely other patrons. Did no-one stop to look or come forward and give their view of what actually happened or what they saw?

I propose an experiment for everyone reading this thread and wondering about what effect a change in behaviour has when out on the bike.

For the next week, when you cycle do the following:

- Use hand signals whenever you are doing something on the road, so that motorists coming up behind you do not have to anticipate or guess what your actions are. In the situation that this whole event is based on, show that you are taking a lane outside of the yellow line when you want to overtake a slower cyclist so that cars approaching know what to do.

- When they and any car that overtakes you gives you space, Pick up your hand and give them a thumbs up! They are watching in the rear view mirror. With a little luck you'll get them to smile and with a lot of luck the next vehicle approaching you from behind will have seen the exchange and give you the same thing!

- Smile at people in cars where you have the opportunity to. Red lights are the bomb for this! They will realise you are HAVING FUN while riding and probably catch some of that fire in the moment of your brief interaction! This will have a profound affect on their next cyclist interaction!

- Start learning to trackstand so that each time you have to stop it's not a mission, but an opportunity to enhance the skill! (https://www.google.co.za/?gws_rd=ssl#tbm=vid&q=learn+to+track+stand)

Have a real go at this for a week and come back and tell us whether you notice any change on your rides! I dare you!

I do all of these anyway.  Well, maybe not smiling at people at red lights - that's just creepy.

Trackstands FTW

My old sensei used to say the same thing sort of - It's not important to win the fight- it's important to win the race....

Thank you Daniel Son....!

post-12678-0-10399300-1475047620_thumb.jpg

Archived