94.7 start times

SP777

So strange.

Seeding index is around 10.

last year I was in B batch, and did 2:3x:xx. This year I'm in DL?

Not sure I want to throw another R150 at this, but I was hoping for A or B. Decisions decisions.

That's why there are other seeding events throughout the year, so people have a chance to get a better seeding index value.

You have to put your best result relative to the whole field, and not your own time from last year.

Assuming they did the seeding run correctly, everyone in A, B and C has a better seeding index value than than you.

If you go to the seeding page for PPA (http://www.pedalpower.org.za/seeding/) it will show you the age, gender and overall position relative to everyone else.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I finally figured out how to start batches. They stuck me in VB - is that right if I'm 35 and not licenced?

Yes, VB is 35-39 based on your age at 31/12/2016.

Why they allow non-licensed riders in the licensed categories for this race and not others is crazy. Double standards again - as a licence is only required for National Champs, and to get colours.

Potentially silly question here. If the only race you've done is the 947 is your time from last year used for seeding? 

As far as I understand you can drop back and race As. You can start later but not earlier

well that would be the smart thing to do....but why make it easier for yourself  :ph34r:  :devil:

Edited by Slakkepas

That's why there are other seeding events throughout the year, so people have a chance to get a better seeding index value.

You have to put your best result relative to the whole field, and not your own time from last year.

Assuming they did the seeding run correctly, everyone in A, B and C has a better seeding index value than than you.

If you go to the seeding page for PPA (http://www.pedalpower.org.za/seeding/) it will show you the age, gender and overall position relative to everyone else.

Thats fair enough and completely understand that - times mean nothing unless they are looked at relative to the rest of the field.

So I went to that link and....not sure what that all means but I guess to your point maybe everyone else in A, B and C is faster than mean. What makes less sense is that I have more results that I did in 2015 and in that year I started in B which can only mean that everyone has relatively improved their seedings by more than me this year?

Name: Current Index: Group Minimum: Group Limit: Eligibility: Ranking: Gender Ranking: Age Category: Age Ranking: Travis 11.54 10.00 15.00 B 1115/99664 1084/77486 SubVet (30-39) 345/19588

Haha I love it!

"BOLT" speed fibre and the website won't even load due to traffic - it keeps timing out!

Telkom really is a joke... I wonder what Bolt would think if he knew how slow and incompetent Telkom is?  :ph34r:

Edited by Schnavel

Aaand Boltspeed has crashed.

While we on that topic, at sani2c Telkom proudly brought us wifi, and couldn't handle the volume of traffic on said wifi. This is a race where they know exactly how many people will be in the village on said wifi. 

Anyway, back to the thread.

Very interesting. There is a link where they explain which races they used to do your seeding. Very cool, I like the transparency. 

However, the seeding upon which my seeding for this race is based, or "current seeding" in their words, is higher than my official PPA seeding figure (based on my best race of 2016). Interesting that they didn't use Jock Classique, even though I know it's a seeding race. 

Anyway, I can't complain about the seeding I got. It's A for Af-tjop. 

Edited by mecheng89