Which energy drink can back up very well?

I am a newbie riders and I have bought a MTB last month for downhill ride. at the fast time I go for a 3 km trips and I have to cross many small hill. But i found that my legs are limbs and my energy level down very soon. I have bring a local fruit drink with me, but I think that not working well. So which energy drink i should take when go out for a long distance and difficult road on my bike?

Let me what drink you usually use or prefer.

Apple juice and water might work for you. But an energy drink alone is not enough, you need to eat as well. And don't think that an energy drink will make you stronger or fitter than you are. You will get stronger with more riding. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Apple juice and water might work for you. But an energy drink alone is not enough, you need to eat as well. And don't think that an energy drink will make you stronger or fitter than you are. You will get stronger with more riding. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I have once taken apple juice , That's fine. Thanks for your advice.

David, how long do you ride for exactly? You mention something about 3km, but is that only the downhill? How long do you plan for your 'longer' ride?

If you only ride for 30 mintues or an hour I don't really see how eating during your ride will help. You can try to mix some sugar and honey and a small amount of salt? Or try the ready mixed energades or something.

Edited by andydude

We have a rider in the team that makes his own energy drinks from stuff from pharmacy, basically a **** ton of sugar. 

• 1 month later...

Ok Mr. Apple.

You should be able ride up to 1.5 hours on water only. On road up to 100km at training pace just on a sugary drink of whatever flavour / type you prefer..

Longer than 3 hours, you might need more substance. Even an energy gel.

However if you are looking for a home made concoction (I'm sure this is same same as the previous mention of 'stuff from the pharmacy') search for Asker Jeukendrup and his home-made concoction.

A thread on just that, right here on bikehub