The fact that Bruces bought them will mean I never buy from them. I can be a bit of a difficult client at times, I have to admit, but it really gets to me when you walk into a cycle shop/ use an online store and the sentiment is that you are being done a massive favour by being helped!

There are a few shops who really get service right here in Pta (TrailWolf and Tool-up), but the majority really need to catch on! It's so easy to buy from places like CRC now - and the shops here in SA are making it a very easy choice for me...

It's not even Friday yet, but rant over haha

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ja I'll also chime in with ordering an "In Stock" item online only to be told 3 days later that it is out of stock, luckily they replaced it with something similar which I was okay with, but still. I might as well have gone to another retailer if that was the case. Their offices are less than 5 minutes from my house so it's mighty convenient, if they have what I want.

I bought an item, chose the pick-up option. Got a phone call asking for delivery fee. I said, nope, will pick it up. Answer: Sorry, we are shipping from a warehouse, so you need to pay delivery...  :thumbdown:

Don't BuyCycle have an account here on the hub?  Christian - buycycle.co.za I see.  He was logged on yesterday still.  Not sure if he is still involved with the business.

Stopped buying from them too... bought 2 chains, and even though they weren't in original packaging, BC couldn't even be bothered to put them in a box, they just went straight into the courier plastic baggie...

Must admit I do not share the same experience.

Bought something last week.

There was a small error though, I selected to pick it up , which they missed.

They mailed me to inform me they have couriered it but at no cost.

I thought Ok, not to bad but will have to wait for it now instead of picking it up after work.

An hour later delivery was made.

So can not complain.

Last month ordered tyres, they phoned me to indicate they do not have stock, asked if ok if they upgrade me to the more expensive tyres at no extra cost to myself.

I said Ok.

Maybe I am lucky.

Maybe they are not all bad.

I had a similar experience with some Gatorksins sometime last year. Stock, then no stock, then delayed delivery.

Gave them another try for Bibs last month, and that was the last...

Dear retailer:
When people vote with their feet and wallets, it means one of two things for you: unicorns and rainbows, or the biggest world of hurt imaginable. Try to figure out which one you like most and do what it takes to get there. 

It's not hard. It just takes care and attention, and anyone can manage that.

Yours sincerely,

Someone who works hard for their money

Dear retailer:

When people vote with their feet and wallets, it means one of two things for you: unicorns and rainbows, or the biggest world of hurt imaginable. Try to figure out which one you like most and do what it takes to get there. 

It's not hard. It just takes care and attention, and anyone can manage that.

Yours sincerely,

Someone who works hard for their money

^^Spot on

I was just about to buy a seat post from them.

Better mail them to ask if they have stock.

Hi AlanD and DoubleJ,

Please feel free to contact us online or via email anytime, for information regarding stock and availability. My mail address - trudie@buycycle.co.za or phone 087 654 1940

i wouldn't bother. They not even cheap anyway . Even there specials that they email me aren't that great.

Hi Pikey,

We keep an eye on our competitors and we go out of our way to ensure best pricing on products. If you find it cheaper elsewhere, please let us know so we can have a look and do our best to match the price.

I bought an item, chose the pick-up option. Got a phone call asking for delivery fee. I said, nope, will pick it up. Answer: Sorry, we are shipping from a warehouse, so you need to pay delivery...  :thumbdown:

Hello 428, 

Apologies for this experience. A couple of months ago after negotiating rates with our courier provider we implemented free delivery to ensure our team has no confusion in this regard. So, from now on it doesn't matter what you buy you will get free shipping included in you order. 

Saying you must pay for shipping when you opted to collect is ridiculous to say the least... This will not happen again as part of business. 

Bruce Reyneke bought Buycycle?

Thanks for the heads-up, that solves two of my problems.

Most on line shops here are virtual shops: they don't keep stock, just list what suppliers list in their price lists, especially prevalent with IT industry.

hate that online stores do that ...really irratates the cr@p out of me. If there's no stock,update the bloody online store stock list so we know .

The fact that Bruces bought them will mean I never buy from them. I can be a bit of a difficult client at times, I have to admit, but it really gets to me when you walk into a cycle shop/ use an online store and the sentiment is that you are being done a massive favour by being helped!

There are a few shops who really get service right here in Pta (TrailWolf and Tool-up), but the majority really need to catch on! It's so easy to buy from places like CRC now - and the shops here in SA are making it a very easy choice for me...

It's not even Friday yet, but rant over haha

In an effort to have consistent stock availability in South Africa, we had a 1 year strategic partnership with Bruce Reyneke Cycles. Bruce Reyneke did not buy Buycycle. This partnership allowed us to benefit from their available inventory. This way, if our suppliers did not have stock, we could use stock available at Bruce's stores. Regardless of this relationship, we still experience out of stock issues from time to time and we are dedicated to spend as much time possible, sorting it out.