26er

Well, I had all those issues with my venge. Cable routing was twisted internally and exposed under BB.

They probably added an adapter to fit your crank, my bike shop epoxied mine in and lasted 24000km.

You should be able to service BB with adapter in place.

I had an eternal creak on the venge. It's that dumb seat post clamp at the top. Every service my LbS had to take the whole thing apart, clean the cones regrease and re fit to make sure did not creak.

Hope this helps, enjoy aero, I have had to leave the aero world :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks,defintely BB though,especially when I stand to climb

BB is a standard Praxis with Praxis Crank

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe chainring bolts? My crank does the same and I know for sure that is the chainring bolts. When clean and greased, they are quite Edited by LOOK695

Maybe chainring bolts? My crank does the same and I know for sure that is the chainring bolts. When clean greased, they are quite

They did put loctite on them upon the first visit,with no difference...

The reason I know it's the frame/BB is the fact that the noise/sound changes every time they work there..

The reason I know it's the frame/BB is the fact that the noise/sound changes every time they work there..

Aah, ok

Yes but may need an adapter to make it fit the venge BB. I no longer have the bike to take a photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silly question from someone who has a plastic Spaz dated 2004 or 2005 which has never creaked:

Your BB, is it one of those press fit things i.e. pressed into the frame instead of threaded?

Silly question from someone who has a plastic Spaz dated 2004 or 2005 which has never creaked:

Your BB, is it one of those press fit things i.e. pressed into the frame instead of threaded?

Hi,as far as I understand,the Praxis BB presses in on the one side and screws on,on the other

Supposed to be the one that does not creak...

Hi Iwan

Seems ok,

Lynwood cycles actually contacted me this morning

Seems like they were following this thread

Bike is being shipped to Stellenbosch to be assessed

They are organising me a loan bike as well

Hi Iwan

Seems ok,

:thumbup:

Hi Iwan

Seems ok,

That is a GOOD outcome.

Spez (SA & USA) are usually good with warranty claims.

Your legal position is also strengthened by SA's consumer protection legislation (CPA).

I would follow the process with Spez SA and Dealer closely - you need to keep record of all correspondence; and photos of the damage; and anything else you consider necessary (even a recording of the noise, if possible)

As this is a new bike that immediately displayed problems, I think your chances of a replacement are high.

Don't discuss anything verbally in person or over the phone - all correspondence should be conducted in writing (fax or email).

You are building a case - act accordingly.

GOOD LUCK 

Please keep us posted on the outcome. I hope it's positive.

I visited the recently to purchase a new seat post for my Venge and they sommer fit it for me as well.

I must say I was very impressed by their friendliness and service in general and also the precision and care they took only to fit a seat post.

I was thinking of taking my bike their for it's next service, which actually is about due. Must do it before 94.7

Please keep us posted on the outcome. I hope it's positive.I visited the recently to purchase a new seat post for my Venge and they sommer fit it for me as well.I must say I was very impressed by their friendliness and service in general and also the precision and care they took only to fit a seat post.I was thinking of taking my bike their for it's next service, which actually is about due. Must do it before 94.7

I will do

Hi,as far as I understand,the Praxis BB presses in on the one side and screws on,on the other

Supposed to be the one that does not creak...

Hmmm so it will creak 50% less?

Looked at the praxis video and it seems like good idea to try fix a bad idea (press fit bb) IMO

Will be interesting to hear how spaz try fix this

This is going to sound stupid, but I've had the same issue with my bike. Sounded like the creaking was coming from headset, then the BB. Ended up taking whole bike apart, greasing everything, but nothing got rid of the creaking. In the end it turned out to be the front axle creaking where it met the forks

This is going to sound stupid, but I've had the same issue with my bike. Sounded like the creaking was coming from headset, then the BB. Ended up taking whole bike apart, greasing everything, but nothing got rid of the creaking. In the end it turned out to be the front axle creaking where it met the forks

Lol Hubby had a creek on his single speed.. also when he stood and had to crank it..he problem was also the axle but on the back wheel.