26er

Thanks alot Iwan

I really needed this advice,I am so upset hey..

Going to enjoy a beer now

Appreciate it!

Some meat over hot coals

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Section 56 of the Consumer Protection Act

"

1) In any transaction or agreement pertaining to the supply of goods to a consumer there is an implied provision that the producer or importer, the distributor and the retailer each warrant that the goods comply with the requirements and standards contemplated in section 55, except to the extent that those goods have been altered contrary to the instructions, or after leaving the control, of the producer or importer, a distributor or the retailer, as the case may be.

2) Within six months after the delivery of any goods to a consumer, the consumer may return the goods to the supplier, without penalty and at the supplier’s risk and expense, if the goods fail to satisfy the requirements and standards contemplated in section 55, and the supplier must, at the direction of the consumer, either—

a) repair or replace the failed, unsafe or defective goods; or

b) refund to the consumer the price paid by the consumer, for the goods.

3) If a supplier repairs any particular goods or any component of any such goods, and within three months after that repair, the failure, defect or unsafe feature has not been remedied, or a further failure, defect or unsafe feature is discovered, the supplier must—

a) replace the goods; or

b) refund to the consumer the price paid by the consumer for the goods.

4) The implied warranty imposed by subsection (1), and the right to return goods set out in subsection (2), are each in addition to —

a) any other implied warranty or condition imposed by the common law, this Act or any other public regulation; and

b) any express warranty or condition stipulated by the producer or importer, distributor or retailer, as the case may be."

Whatever Iwan said

Sorry to hear

That's quite a rough one

Instead of the joy, pride and sheer achievement of getting a new bike, it's been anything but it.

Sterkte ????

Whatever Iwan said

Sorry to hear

That's quite a rough one

Instead of the joy, pride and sheer achievement of getting a new bike, it's been anything but it.

Sterkte

Yes excactly, and to top it off,I started riding for a team,first team ride was Today,it was so embarrassing..

Thank you Dale

Edited by 26er

Springbok boud braai...

Oh wait - we already burned that... all black...

Ooooh ????????

OP .....you have not learned the first rule of bikehub !

never, never ever say anything bad (even by vague insinuation) about spazialised on bikehub !

:ph34r: weird but true hey :whistling:  

OP .....you have not learned the first rule of bikehub !

never, never ever say anything bad (even by vague insinuation) about spazialised on bikehub !

:ph34r: weird but true hey :whistling:

Aha.... comic sans-serif..

Haha,

I have to be honest,

I also own a Specialized Epic MTB,

Which I bought secondhand right here on the HUB

That I absolutely love..

Just did the Mankele 3 Towers on it with not one problem

Edited by 26er

To address your question: I would suggest you sit back and relax tonight and tomorrow. Nothing much can be done until Monday when they open for business again. Phone and speak to the owner or manager on Monday around 10am (gives them time to settle down and get their gears working after the weekend) about the issue. In the meantime get your dates and work done in order and send him or her the detailed info via email once you've put the phone down. Whatever gets discussed, stick to that and give them time to get behind the details their side. 

Arrange to take the bike back in or ask for it to be collected for a full assessment. Specialized have around 400 bikes in their demo fleet so ask they loan you one while they are having a look and sorting your bike. If you're going there go and shake the owner or manager's hand to say thanks for the help.  

This way you will be able to ride and they will have time to sort whatever problems there may be. I'm sure (from what I've heard before) they will get back to you with a solution.

Wow. Excellent advice. Definitely do this.

After the rugby, you can have ten beers :ph34r:

Rugby? I thought that was a t20 game with that type of score.

Scratching the new bike because they didn't have the right tools? Wtf. Its not like this is some cheapie Makro bike. Or that they're some mickey-mouse bike shop. They're supposedly a Specialized Concept Store?? I'd be looking at my rights under the CPA and considering whether I could get my money back.

Hey! for some people a cheapie Makro bike may be the bike of their dreams.

My first MTB was a Raleigh that weighed more than I did. It was good training . . . ;-)

Well, I had all those issues with my venge. Cable routing was twisted internally and exposed under BB.

They probably added an adapter to fit your crank, my bike shop epoxied mine in and lasted 24000km.

You should be able to service BB with adapter in place.

I had an eternal creak on the venge. It's that dumb seat post clamp at the top. Every service my LbS had to take the whole thing apart, clean the cones regrease and re fit to make sure did not creak.

Hope this helps, enjoy aero, I have had to leave the aero world :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk