#SpezIsGoingToFall Another Loyal Customer Lost

Patchelicious

I have been riding Spez for many years. However, the fact that I am forced to deal with stores that provide consistently poor service have turned me off the brand completely. That new Cannondale looks very good right now  :drool: 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also don't ride spez but will use their helmets and shoes till I die ....quality like no other.

I agree. I really enjoy their products. They truly have good products.

Also don't ride spez but will use their helmets and shoes till I die ....quality like no other.

100% Don't ride Spez either but damn...their shoes amongst other things are fantastic!!!

100% Don't ride Spez either but damn...there shoes amongst other things are fantastic!!!

There is no going back from Sidi... spez shoes... not in the same league. (And yes I do own both)

I hate the concept stores - got told I was not good enough to ride an sworks... classic customer service...

Don't think it's only a spaz thing. I'm looking around for a new fork so I contacted all the LBS in EL to get the best deal.

One of them came back to say that the agents don't have stock (after the others confirm stock and pricing)

This confirmed the reason why I don't really use said bike shop except for the replacement parts on my helmet (which I can only get from them)

edit: come to think of it, it's definitely a spaz thing (bike shop is the local spaz agent)

#rideliferidegiant

There is no going back from Sidi... spez shoes... not in the same league. (And yes I do own both)

I hate the concept stores - got told I was not good enough to ride an sworks... classic customer service...

I have heard this from a few people. How terrible.

Imagine walking into a Ferrari dealership and the sales guy says, "sorry won't sell you car cause you aren't aren't Vettel." He would get fired!

As should the dude who told you that about an Sworks.

I agree, the staff at Concept Cyclery Waterfall seem to go out of there way to help.

T

It amazes me how the service is so different between the Concept Stores.... Concept Cyclery Waterfall here in KZN goes above and beyond to make their customers happy. I don't ride a Spez but use their helmets, gloves and shoes. I wanted the new lace ups, two stores could not help me because "there was no stock in the country"... Waterfall used the "computer" and hey presto, ordered and delivered today. Amazing. It must be science, or just great customer service. This is the second time they have done this for me.

Now, I would like to preface this post by saying that I have always liked and bought their products.

What I have come to despise is their Concept Store attitudes.

About a year ago I made a promise to never set foot in a concept store again, I don't think The Grind counts ;)

My old man has however stayed true to his brand, until now that is. He has a problem, he owns 11 Spezes at last count, it's a cool problem though, but a problem none the less.

Recently, I made him jealous with my purchase of a Epic Sworks, and he fell for it, and then also wanted a new bike.

He was however more sensible than me and was into the Camber. So last week he went to his local Concept Store and asked to buy one, easiest sale in the history of sales.

The salesman on the floor was pretty adamant on pushing a 2016 Epic Sworks that he had on the floor to him. Old man insisted on the Camber to which the dude said that there wasn't stock and should buy this killer deal that was hanging on the wall. It was a deal never to be repeated and that he must take it. Effectively he wanted to sell him the old model Epic at the discounted price of R120k.

This created a bit of doubt in his mind and he went home. Home turned into a Hub classifieds session, where he found a few options. Ended up buying a mint 2016 Epic Sworks with extras for about 65% the cost of this "massive bargain"

Was a deal that couldn't be turned down type of thing.

His ass was however still itching for a Camber.

So he popped into a different Spez store, where the manager showed him on the system that there was in actual fact 4 Camber Sworks in stock in SA. WTF

Needless to say, they lost that sale too.

So this thread is not about moaning at a shop, but rather a heads up to Spez SA, sales guys are lying to make quick sales to the detriment of your brand.

I would propose that you train them to sell clients the bikes that they need/want not what they happen to have on the floor.

Hey Patches. I would love to hear more about the experience and hear the feedback from your dad. Please would you email me johan.badenhorst@specialized.com 

Thank you sir.

I have heard this from a few people. How terrible.

Imagine walking into a Ferrari dealership and the sales guy says, "sorry won't sell you car cause you aren't aren't Vettel." He would get fired!

As should the dude who told you that about an Sworks.

Walk into a Ferrari dealership with a casio watch and shorts and t on - sales guy won't even talk to you.... same clothes the next day but arrive in a lambo.... watch him grovel... this is kind of fun actually...

Hey Patches. I would love to hear more about the experience and hear the feedback from your dad. Please would you email me johan.badenhorst@specialized.com

Thank you sir.

interesting you aren't interested in my experience - despite the fact I have 2 spez bits of plastic... typical.... bikes good - service... made in Nkandla...

Thank you sir.

Thanks, he is on the thread. I am sure you will hear from him.

But kudos for being interested, it's refreshing.

Thanks, he is on the thread. I am sure you will hear from him.

But kudos for being interested, it's refreshing.

...the question is, how many HUB posts behind his name :ph34r:

interesting you aren't interested in my experience - despite the fact I have 2 spez bits of plastic... typical.... bikes good - service... made in Nkandla...

They only listen to "real" Spez riders :whistling:

not at all V12man. I guess the thread started by Patches was the topic. You are however most welcome to send me your experience. You got my email address right ;)

Bought my first Spez a few months ago from Melrose Arch Concept store. Lovely bunch of people. Couldn't be happier with the service. Even bought a second Spez based on experience with that shop

Archived