Bonus

Sky seem to pop out GC contenders to be snatched up by other teams, Uran, Porte, Landa, the list grows.

De javu?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not rumour

As per Velonews

Several teams have offered deals to Landa, reportedly Trek-Segafredo, Astana, Movistar, and UAE-Emirates. Many see Landa moving to Movistar, where he would take over as the franchise rider from Alejandro Valverde and the possibly-exiting Quintana. In an interview with El País, Unzué did his best to walk the tightrope on Landa, only saying, “any team would be interested in a rider of his qualities.”

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2017/07/news/transfer-rumors-quintana-sky-aru-uae-sure-not_444186#j3dA3fki6DKEWrad.99

Apparently Quintana has offers from Sky and Astana. Can't see him getting a Tour spot as the leader in sky.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Froome has acknowledged how good Landa is and with reports of him leaving sees him as a very good challenger. Sky seem to pop out GC contenders to be snatched up by other teams, Uran, Porte, Landa, the list grows. 

Is it possible that with Sky's perceived attention to detail, that they manage current team members, who are possible future GC contenders for other teams, in a different way? eg keeping some 'secrets' back on Froome, their current long term horse which could be used against him? Too far-fetched? Do the team members know everything there is about one another? Too secret-squirrel??

Also Uran was forced to change to a spare TT bike just before his start due to a UCI Ruling on his TT bike about the setup - they had previously OK`d it.

Surely his team would check to comply with the rules prior to start

Is it possible that with Sky's perceived attention to detail, that they manage current team members, who are possible future GC contenders for other teams, in a different way? eg keeping some 'secrets' back on Froome, their current long term horse which could be used against him? Too far-fetched? Do the team members know everything there is about one another? Too secret-squirrel??

Slow Friday?

a few tight corners in the end. EBH will need a proper lead out to win with a flat finish like today

post-41273-0-31200900-1500628676_thumb.jpg

Edited by Oxter

With the times being so close at the top, it is going to be interesting to see what happens if or when one of the GC guys has a technical.

Will they wait for all the GC guys or only Froome or will they put the hammer down???

is there not maybe crosswinds predicted for today? now that will make things interesting...

Slow Friday?

Not at all. Often wondered in sport, in general, how you manage your team to position a team leader to the top podium spot, without shooting yourself in the foot for the future.

a few tight corners in the end. EBH will need a proper lead out to win with a flat finish like today

Very interesting finish. It is going to be a mad race by the teams to be first to that right hander at 1.2km to go.

Very Flat finish with a 400m final straight, so gonna be a high speed sprint, where EBH is more suited to a slower but tougher short uphill sprint, so he will give his best.

This is the last stage for Stevo to shine. I hope he tags along with whoever sprints for the intermediate points and then just rides off into the distance for a long range win over the Cat 3  climb.... we can dream...

Edited by Rookie85

This would suit your classic big sprinter, Kittel/Demare. But with that said, it seems to be a stage for the Gorilla if he can get his tactics right. Matthews and EBH fighting for 2nd...?

post-27827-0-55148300-1500629379_thumb.png

post-27827-0-93624500-1500629386_thumb.png