Bonus

Sky buy GC contenders so they don't have competition. 

But unless they keep them until they're past their sell-by date, then the market will still have these okes on the market, just delayed by a year or 3. Surely that tactic would only genuinely work in the first few years of any team being launched, thereafter their pipeline will spew the riders back out?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Questioned by FranceTelevisions, Team Sky's sport director Nicolas Portal declared: “We've let the gap to the breakaway increase to eight minutes but it has decreased against our will. We want it to go up again. We certainly don't want a bunch sprint finish. It would be a risky finale. We're not interested in bringing the peloton back. We want this stage to be the easiest possible but there's a lot of head wind. Tomorrow, Chris [Froome] has no right to fail. It'll be one of the time trials of his life.”

Questioned by FranceTelevisions, Team Sky's sport director Nicolas Portal declared: “We've let the gap to the breakaway increase to eight minutes but it has decreased against our will. We want it to go up again. We certainly don't want a bunch sprint finish. It would be a risky finale. We're not interested in bringing the peloton back. We want this stage to be the easiest possible but there's a lot of head wind. Tomorrow, Chris [Froome] has no right to fail. It'll be one of the time trials of his life.”

Now that's what I call pressure ... :whistling:

So pick your winner from the breakaway today !!

Thomas de Gendt. It's Belgium's National Day.

But unless they keep them until they're past their sell-by date, then the market will still have these okes on the market, just delayed by a year or 3. Surely that tactic would only genuinely work in the first few years of any team being launched, thereafter their pipeline will spew the riders back out?

Fair but if you look how they hire and so forth is a carbon copy of how US Postal used to recruit riders. As a rider becomes a threat to win they would pay more than current salary to become a domestique or super domestique with options to go for other Tours and smaller races but have their power during the Tour which was the only real goal of the year.

Eventually some leave to become leaders at other teams - Landis vs Porte for example. 

distance to go?

95.2km -_-

Should probably start seeing some action from about 50km out, so in about an hours time...

95.2km -_-

Should probably start seeing some action from about 50km out, so in about an hours time...

This is so boring, I might just choose to start doing some actual work around here...

Fair but if you look how they hire and so forth is a carbon copy of how US Postal used to recruit riders. As a rider becomes a threat to win they would pay more than current salary to become a domestique or super domestique with options to go for other Tours and smaller races but have their power during the Tour which was the only real goal of the year.

Eventually some leave to become leaders at other teams - Landis vs Porte for example. 

Think you right yes.

looked some GCN video's on team buses and thought Team Sky's bus was not that great inside.

So guess more funds go to salaries  / recruiting threat then?

This is so boring, I might just choose to start doing some actual work around here...

to late, you've already committed, now you have to follow through...

If rumours are to be believed Dan Martin, Fabio Aru and Elia Viviani will be joining the former Sky man (Swift) at UAE next season. The Italian is going there, for sure. Aru still hasn't signed a deal and neither has Martin. He's looking to stay at QuickStep but is waiting for Lefevere to make him an offer. UAE are waiting in the wings though. If you've read some reports in the media that Barguil is out of contract, they're inaccurate. He has a deal with Sunweb for 2018.

Edited by Bonus

Sky buy GC contenders so they don't have competition.

Landa was actually the only true contender they bought...The rest was pretty much nowhere when they started at Sky and has become that because of their approach.Froome,Thomas,Poels and Porte was not even close to being contenders.Same goes for Neive..Hanoa might have been there or there about.

There is a big difference between buyin a finished product to cover themselves versus buying potential and then actually convert that over time into a contender.

Edited by nochain

How does Team Time Trial work - what would happen if a rider/s crashed out or had a big mechanical?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk