Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

Was just sent this

Info on stranskys fall

"No one what happened including Joel. His partner went back to find him lying unconscious at the bottom od a drop. Fractured cheek bone which requires surgery and broken ribs that have punctured his lung. Going into surgery at 6"

Strongs,,,he is a tough man that must have been a flippen hard bail

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make no mistake, Joel can ride a bike.

That section probably just got a bit big on him, too fast too soon. This is the prologue after all. Riders have been chomping at the bit for weeks to unleash their inner racer. Sometimes **** just happens.

As for the race, anyone making predictions on the overall so soon is a little foolish. Let's have a real stage first. I suspect this could all come down to equipment though.

As for that list of hubbers doing the epic, I'll start:

Me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Was just sent this

Info on stranskys fall

"No one what happened including Joel. His partner went back to find him lying unconscious at the bottom od a drop. Fractured cheek bone which requires surgery and broken ribs that have punctured his lung. Going into surgery at 6"

Strongs,,,he is a tough man that must have been a flippen hard bail

If it's the one I think it is, then it's bladdy steep and it's easy for the back to lift up as you're going down or the front to wash out on the berm below. Especially after a couple of hundred others have gone before you.

It's not a drop per se, just a very steep embankment that ends in a left hand berm. 3m drop in about 1.5m

Make no mistake, Joel can ride a bike.

That section probably just got a bit big on him, too fast too soon. This is the prologue after all. Riders have been chomping at the bit for weeks to unleash their inner racer. Sometimes **** just happens.

As for the race, anyone making predictions on the overall so soon is a little foolish. Let's have a real stage first. I suspect this could all come down to equipment though.

As for that list of hubbers doing the epic, I'll start:

Me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Team name and numbers,,,how did it go

Team name and numbers,,,how did it go

The Oafish Taxi Drivers - 144.

The team name should indicate the attitude with which we're approaching this Epic. My 6th, my partner's first.

We had a lot of fun out there today. Got stuck behind traffic. We were traffic. But our objective was to finish in one piece, and given what happened to several riders, I think we achieved that better than expected.

Here's the highlight (lowlight) of my day:

[19/03, 17:46] Dane: Which reminds me of a story...

[19/03, 17:47] Dane: This morning, because we started so damn early, I managed to get a nice porta loo.

[19/03, 17:48] Dane: Ear to ear smile. I could take my kit off without having to balance it on my head.

[19/03, 17:48] Dane: Fold it in the corner

[19/03, 17:48] Dane: Take my time and do my bit.

[19/03, 17:49] Dane: I then washed my hands

[19/03, 17:49] Dane: Put on my shirt, and then came to flushing

[19/03, 17:50] Dane: To be fair, I had made a sizable deposit, but no amount of flushing the blue juice would get my morning's evacuation to go down.

[19/03, 17:51] Dane: I gave it one last vigorous pump of the foot pump, which was just enough to tilt the balance

[19/03, 17:52] Dane: Things started to slide in slow motion, and as it vanished over the edge of the flap and out of sight, the flap rebounded with extreme vigour

[19/03, 17:52] Dane: Covering my legs from the knees down in blue toilet juice...

[19/03, 17:53] Dane: I almost gagged [emoji40] [emoji40] [emoji40]

[19/03, 17:53] Dane: And then proceeded to wash my legs in the hand basin, while at the same time trying not to fall over

[19/03, 17:54] Dane: As I stood on one leg, in mtb shoes

[19/03, 17:55] Dane: My emotions went from delight and joy from finding a new fresh poo rocket, to wanting to amputate my legs!

Target??? Catogery position 30

Some serious solid results there

To finish. To have fun. And to be friends with my partner afterwards.

The team name should indicate the attitude with which we're approaching this Epic. My 6th, my partner's first.

We had a lot of fun out there today. Got stuck behind traffic. We were traffic. But our objective was to finish in one piece, and given what happened to several riders, I think we achieved that better than expected.

[19/03, 17:47] Dane: This morning, because we started so damn early, I managed to get a nice porta loo.

[19/03, 17:48] Dane: Ear to ear smile. I could take my kit off without having to balance it on my head.

[19/03, 17:50] Dane: To be fair, I had made a sizable deposit, but no amount of flushing the blue juice would get my morning's evacuation to go down.

[19/03, 17:51] Dane: I gave it one last vigorous pump of the foot pump, which was just enough to tilt the balance

[19/03, 17:52] Dane: Things started to slide in slow motion, and as it vanished over the edge of the flap and out of sight, the flap rebounded with extreme vigour

[19/03, 17:52] Dane: Covering my legs from the knees down in blue toilet juice...

[19/03, 17:53] Dane: And then proceeded to wash my legs in the hand basin, while at the same time trying not to fall over

[19/03, 17:55] Dane: My emotions went from delight and joy from finding a new fresh poo rocket, to wanting to amputate my legs!

Bahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry, but that's hilarious

See the weather tomorrow in Hermanus is 35 degrees, all the best to those not use to the heat.

but then again, it could have been worst, they could have tackled Greyton on mon / tues where it is going to reach 39 

With a bit of rain in grabouw Thurs evening (at least the weather will be cooler on Fri & Sat) 

To finish. To have fun. And to be friends with my partner afterwards.

Best possible answer, enjoy be safe

That's funny. Those bogs were never designed for MTB kit I'm afraid. Washing your pins in that little basin got to be sport

Archived