Absa Cape Epic 2017

Acerunner

i'd put money on it, that atleast 6 out of the 10 riders infront are faster than our fastest at local enduro's

not our downhill manne of course

Hmmmmm.... Maaaaybe. Nino, definitely. Kool-harvey, maybe. Fumic, I'd say yes. The rest - not so sure. 

Remember, the top Enduro guys locally are FARKING fast down a hill. 

EDIT: It also bears saying that the really big difference is not so much the technical skill, as being able to constantly bash out the same level of skill and attention lap after lap after lap, at the same level, consistently. That and the climbing. That's where these pros really are in a completely different league. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any updates on the ladies.. I habe given up on the stream and twitter

yes are the any pictures of jenny taking the shower at the water point :whistling:

Any updates on the ladies.. I habe given up on the stream and twitter

Nothing hey

:blink:

And that the TOP mountainbikers in the world dont need to bring technical advisors wuth them. We have the most talented advisor right here on the hub.

Hope they have wifi there and we can get them logins. Imagine what they will do tomorrow with all the knowledge obtained here. 

Let them share their HR and power numbers and we can go over that too. 

Next nutrition, when to eat and what to eat. Make them bonk-proof. Check out banting thread. 

Hmmmmm.... Maaaaybe. Nino, definitely. Kool-harvey, maybe. Fumic, I'd say yes. The rest - not so sure. 

Can't we all just agree the Epic is not about having any real technical skill whatsoever.

If you're a fit beast and and whale your way down some semi-technical singletrack then you can still win the thing.

Sauser is moer fast too, not anything to go by, but check some of segments on strava, Stellenbosch and Table Mountain, note they don't get to ride as often.

well i'm not a betting man, but i stick to my guns

yes are the any pictures of jenny taking the shower at the water point :whistling:

Check the ladies thread

Only 2 riders.. you are kidding me

I may not know enough to suggest tyre choices and/or rebound settings, but I can say that testing 4 guys is embarrassing. Hinkie Georgecap will be thinking it's 1999.

Hope they have wifi there and we can get them logins. Imagine what they will do tomorrow with all the knowledge obtained here. 

Let them share their HR and power numbers and we can go over that too. 

Next nutrition, when to eat and what to eat. Make them bonk-proof. Check out banting thread. 

I think you have missed the biggest differentiation between all the top riders, shock orientation. A horizontal shock was on the top step of the podium and second, vertical was third. 

Sauser is moer fast too, not anything to go by, but check some of segments on strava, Stellenbosch and Table Mountain, note they don't get to ride as often.

well i'm not a betting man, but i stick to my guns

yeah true. 

how come you not riding this year ?

No money, no partner. :) 

I made a feeble attempt to find a last minute ride, but it didn't work out.

I think you have missed the biggest differentiation between all the top riders, shock orientation. A horizontal shock was on the top step of the podium and second, vertical was third. 

You, Sir, win the internet today

I think you have missed the biggest differentiation between all the top riders, shock orientation. A horizontalbroken left shock was on the top step of the podium and second, vertical was third. 

FIXED

Archived