The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just looking at the tracker replay from last night. JD/HV were catnapping along the way and then took 2hrs doss at tankwa padstal from  about 1:30am. they left 15minutes before MW rolled in, and he only stopped for 20mins.

Looking at the race flow it doesn't look like MW actually slept much. For a 56 year old his performance is also amazing. Not that anyone's performance isn't but flip the guy has some serious endurance at that age.

Would be interesting to know everyone's ages. I know Kevin and Greeff are in their 30's. Greeff raced 947 VA with me so he is 30-34.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

MW is an amazing athlete, and a true gentleman.

I had the pleasure of having dinner with him after Race to Crackock 2 years ago.

Very unassuming, but VERY tough!

I think bar any really unfortunate mechanical incidents the first 3 places across the line are accounted for. From 4th it's still an open race.

Off to take my lightie to swimming soon. iPad coming with. Luckily it's my wife's turn in the pool with him this week. But she has also gotten into dot watching so I will have to update her.

Did Sbu get any help with his wheel.

See his tracker is still active. So seems he got help.

Would be lekker if the development team can sponsor him a decent set of hoops with proper spokes

Off to take my lightie to swimming soon. iPad coming with. Luckily it's my wife's turn in the pool with him this week. But she has also gotten into dot watching so I will have to update her.

So here we go out doing Saturday stuff like shuttling kids and shuffling in the malls.

When what we all should actually be doing is lining up in a guard of honour in Wellington for 85 salutes - one for each of the riders from RV through JD to VR (and yes, including BS) for taking up this devellish schallenge, in the most god-forsaken parts of our country, to prove once again that there is indeed more to life than listening to Springbok Radio.

Looking at the 1st 2 approaching Bains Kloof Pass am getting emotional and don't even know them .

Can not even imagine what is going through their minds .

Archived