Medihelp Stellenbosch Cycle Tour 2016

Skubarra

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A year ago when my fiancé first started out she couldn't make it to the top of Chappies.

Fast forward 1 year. We've done big days out in the Alps and are planning our 2nd trip there together. We regularly do 60+ km and anything over 50 she's definaltey stronger than me.

This weekend will be our first race together. Bunch riding and road closure is going to be a whole new thing for us.

I think this weekend will be the first of many.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Used to be such a lekka race until they:

Tripled bunch sizes

Eliminated Old Helz

Bumped the entry fee

The biggest issues with this race concisely summarised...

The race definitely lost a bit of it's soul when the cut out old Helz, although one can understand that Old Helz is maybe not suitable anymore for a mass participation race anymore.

And yes, definitely worried about the massive bunches on the Wemmershoek road - going to do my best to be at the front of one and not at the back if at all possible....

Good. They should put the money into things that really matter. 

They not doing that either. its a pricey race with loads of entries. I fail to see where it goes.  

Besides, i rely on those bottles, I only use bottles from Argus/DC/SCT

The biggest issues with this race concisely summarised...

The race definitely lost a bit of it's soul when the cut out old Helz, although one can understand that Old Helz is maybe not suitable anymore for a mass participation race anymore.

And yes, definitely worried about the massive bunches on the Wemmershoek road - going to do my best to be at the front of one and not at the back if at all possible....

Reason why I'm not doing it anymore.

Ah yes, lets not forget the superior aquatic holding abilities of bottles with the CTCT/DC/SCT logos printed on them.

Far superior to my USN/Spur/TransKaroo/Whatever bottles.  :thumbup:

Same... 

want argus seeding? do the One Tonner!

thankfully there was a great excuse to give this a miss, POOT  :thumbup:

And if you bonked at the one tonner and your seeding took a dip???  :ph34r:

Can't fault the criticism of this race but still think overall it is a lekker race to do (and I desperately need the seeding... )

SCT is not that expensive. However I decided against the 99er, paying that much to ride on tarmac does not make sense to me. One Tonner with it's super low early bird entry fee is great, you get a lot of KM for your ZAR. 

Ja, we should have done the Origin Of Trails also, but my son wanted a good Argus seeding.

Come ride with me after work any day of the week, I'll show you all the good bits of Origin for free.

Come ride with me after work any day of the week, I'll show you all the good bits of Origin for free.

Why do I get the feeling such a ride will have me bleeding from my ears.  :thumbup:

Is this really the profile? I honestly can't remember hills like they are showing here after the 60km mark.

post-35786-0-59266000-1480699834_thumb.jpg

I guess memory fades. Same race, same route from 2011 except old v new at start

post-35786-0-53997300-1480700291_thumb.jpg

Or have the hills been doping?